What do you wear with work trousers & shoes - pop socks?

(10 Posts)
Trickymoments Sun 09-Oct-16 09:19:35

I've noticed some ladies at work have bare feet when wearing trousers & shoes but I don't fancy that in the colder weather. I'm guessing pop socks are the only alternative but I hate the way the short ones are too short & the knee high ones feel like they're cutting off my circulation! Also what colour is best; natural or black?
Any other suggestions?

Marmighty Sun 09-Oct-16 09:23:34

Naice trouser socks, they're thinner and longer than ankle socks, could be in a nice colour or black. I used to have some and felt very grown up, then ruined them all in the wash..

Nettletheelf Sun 09-Oct-16 10:55:35

If it's too cold for bare ankles, wear boots. Don't get involved in pop socks!

One of my colleagues swears that her boyfriend went off her when he saw her ironing her work shirt wearing her knickers, bra and pop socks. They are the ugliest garments.

GeorgeTheThird Sun 09-Oct-16 10:58:42

Pop socks. But they call them knee highs nowadays.

hollieberrie Sun 09-Oct-16 11:13:19

Those liner sock things. Not the tights material ones, just the normal ones, like this:
www.asos.com/asos/asos-5-pack-invisible-socks-in-mini-waffle-save-47/prd/6474049?iid=6474049&clr=Black&SearchQuery=invisibile%20socks&pgesize=36&pge=0&totalstyles=114&gridsize=3&gridrow=7&gridcolumn=3

hollieberrie Sun 09-Oct-16 11:15:52

Oh i've misunderstood the thread! Doh.
I am still wearing the above anyway and just suffering with cold ankles, its only the walk from car park to workplace entrance for me so not too bad.

Meadows76 Sun 09-Oct-16 11:27:29

What's wrong with regular socks?

Trickymoments Sun 09-Oct-16 11:49:01

Looks like I might have to go with ankle or shoe boots. Can't wear normal socks with high heeled work shoes..

I wear the knee high ones with trousers and shoes. The short ones are really annoying. Or I wear normal socks with boots.

Marmighty Sun 09-Oct-16 20:15:30

Oh yeah with high heels you have to have pop socks. Thought you meant brogues. Ankle boots avoid all this bother.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now