What do you wear over shift dresses for work?

(7 Posts)
Trickymoments Sat 08-Oct-16 18:35:52

I'm sorting out my winter work clothes & I have several shift dresses with sleeves that stop between shoulder & elbow. I'm never sure what to wear over the top if it's a bit chilly as cardigans & jacekts seem to make the sleeves bunch up & it doesn't look great.

What does anyone else wear or are they meant to just be worn without anything over the top?

Ellypoo Sat 08-Oct-16 18:46:36

I tend to wear waterfall or smart cardigans over mine, but they don't seem to make the sleeves bunch up so probably a different style dress - not helpful, sorry!

CointreauVersial Sat 08-Oct-16 18:59:46

I'd probably wear a long cardi over a shift dress, but then again, my office is super-warm, so I'm more likely to go without a top layer.

Trickymoments Sat 08-Oct-16 19:03:10

Yes a long cardi would look nice, I don't have any of those. There's something about my short cardi's that just doesn't look right with these dresses..

rightknockered Sat 08-Oct-16 19:52:51

You could layer a top underneath. One of those collared layering tops that I've seen around somewhere (sorry not helpful)

Florathefern Sat 08-Oct-16 20:10:59

I'd layer underneath too. A long sleeved plain black top or a Me&Em layering shirt.

ChishandFips33 Sat 08-Oct-16 23:03:41

Tops underneath

Longline waistcoat/sleeveless cardigan?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now