Tights!

(7 Posts)
Monochromecat Thu 06-Oct-16 17:54:50

I'm starting to wear nylon tights again now it's a bit colder. But I'm so confused! Please tell me what shade to buy and what type. A pair that I won't ladder in 5 minutes and that my skirt doesn't stick to. Thank you.

WhooooAmI24601 Thu 06-Oct-16 18:03:24

Wolford are invincible. They're expensive at £30 a pair but their black and navy opaques are genuinely amazing. I buy a couple of new pairs each winter and alternate them (I work in a Reception class so spend a huge amount of time on the floor/on my knees) and they don't run, don't sag, don't slide down, don't wrinkle around my ankles and wash perfectly. Buying cheap ones seems the right idea until you add up how much you spend through an average winter replacing tights.

Monochromecat Thu 06-Oct-16 18:29:13

Thanks who. Most of my disposable income seems to go on tights in the winter months, so I'm happy to make a good investment

TobleroneBoo Thu 06-Oct-16 18:32:09

Primark are the only ones I have had that have never laddered. They contain Lycra and you can get bodyshaper ones

But they do wear at the crotch and that can be painful

InspectorPenguin Thu 06-Oct-16 18:33:37

I'd add Falke Cotton Touch opaques to that suggestion too. A bit cheaper than Wolford (£20 ish) and have been my staple pair for years now. Love them.

They also do Merino ones for £30 which I'm sure are beautiful.

doorhandle Thu 06-Oct-16 18:35:04

I second primark cheap but still last. Good leg to waist ratio so they don't fall down

Monochromecat Thu 06-Oct-16 19:16:34

Brilliant! Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now