Baby due in three weeks - how to cut hair?

(15 Posts)
AlbusPercival Thu 06-Oct-16 10:08:18

DC1 due in three weeks.

Booked in for a haircut this morning. At the moment it is bra band length, with the remnants of a fringe just below my chin.

My hair is very thick and has random waves.

I also have a wide face and wear thick glasses.

Want it to be more manageable once baby comes.

Any ideas?

Blueberryblueberry Thu 06-Oct-16 10:13:14

Hmmmm I have two littlies and have a bit of a mum bob/lob which i'm finding pretty easy. Quick to dry into either waves or run the straighteners over it. However, long hair is also really easy with little ones as you can shove in a ponytail/messy bun. If you like it long you could just have some of the weight taken out of it so it will be quicker to dry etc? Maybe some layers to blend your grown out fringe into your hair?

RuskBaby Thu 06-Oct-16 10:13:23

I'm having mine cut next weekend in preparation, I have decided to go as short as possible whilst being able to tie it back so if I simply don't have time to wash, it will also mean drying time is significantly reduced.

Sackmagique Thu 06-Oct-16 10:18:17

When I opened the thread I was worried you were asking how to get the baby's hair cut! grin

I would definitely have it long enough to tie back. DS for ages would yank my hair whilst feeding whenever he got the chance- enough to properly hurt. Mines slightly longer than shoulder length.

DonkeyOaty Thu 06-Oct-16 10:20:59

A Rachel and get a babyliss big hair. High chance of sleekness with low effort.

AlbusPercival Thu 06-Oct-16 10:21:10

Haha Sack, title could have been clearer couldn't it!!

Banananananana Thu 06-Oct-16 10:21:18

Whatever you do, DO NOT get a heavy blunt fringe cut in days before the baby arrives. <speaks from bitter experience> envy

taybert Thu 06-Oct-16 10:32:35

Something you can tie back so the baby isn't constantly hanging off it like a little monkey.

sergeantmajor Thu 06-Oct-16 10:37:58

I grew my hair during my 3 pregnancies, so it was long enough to put in a ponytail. If you don't have time to blow-dry, style or even shampoo, then a ponytail is your best friend. I think long hair is less labour intensive than short (unless you go really really short) cos of tying back option

littlemissneela Thu 06-Oct-16 10:38:13

I wouldn't have anything too drastically different done, maybe some long layers cut into it so its lighter, but still long enough to tie up - an essential with a baby imo. Do you want a fringe or are you trying to grow it out? If growing it out, have it incorporated into the layers but still so you can either tuck it behind your ears or grip it up out of the way. If wanting a fringe, then see what the hairdresser suggests.
Good luck with the birth, hope it goes nice and smoothly for you smile

Frusso Thu 06-Oct-16 10:40:21

That wasn't the hair I thought you were talking about cutting when I opened the thread blush

I spent most of my time with hair tied back in a pony tail.
The thing to remember if you have it thinned out at bit, is that you'll loose a bit of hair in the weeks following the birth so will naturally thin a bit more then.

StrawberrytallCake Thu 06-Oct-16 10:40:51

Definitely not too drastic - you want to look at pictures taken after the baby is here for ever and see yourself!

malvinandhobbes Thu 06-Oct-16 14:14:32

Pony tail.

My baby is 8 weeks old and it has been that long since I've seen a hair dryer. I am lucky to wash it 2/3x a week. As it starts to fall out, I like the ponytail because the hair doesn't get all over the baby. I am wearing my front layers longer than normal so I can tie them back.

There are two women in my circle of new mums who do manage styled hair and make-up, and they also have the trickiest babies so I know it can be done if you care enough, I don't care enough (and I care a lot during normal times)

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Thu 06-Oct-16 14:16:29

I had visions of toni or guy on standby with scissors /mirror and some styling wax!!

AlbusPercival Thu 06-Oct-16 14:22:31

Haha thanks all, have hsd it cut to just below my shoulders do can still tie it up with some sort of layering thing at front to tie in fringe remnants.

So, how to get the baby's hair cut? Was thinking a cute teddy design shaved into the side? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now