Can you recommend a mascara for me?

(14 Posts)
LaserShark Thu 06-Oct-16 07:08:19

I have quite short eyelashes so would like them to look longer but also I need something waterproof and long lasting that won't smudge down my face - if you love your mascara, will you tell me what it is?

LazySusan11 Thu 06-Oct-16 07:15:20

My faves are Clinique lash power, it's a tubing mascara so no smudges or running. Also love Benefit Roller Lash and They're Real. Only thing I don't like is the price, stupid money for a bloody mascara!

Max factor have just bought out a new one which is more affordable the Falsh Lash Epic £8.99 in Superdrug I believe.

Pupsiecola Thu 06-Oct-16 23:15:27

I just bought the Max Factor False Lash Epic and really like it! I don't think it's waterproof though.

Indecisivejo Fri 07-Oct-16 06:49:51

Mac extended play mascara!

whitesklyer Fri 07-Oct-16 11:31:32

Eyeco - its available in M&S. the sports/waterproof one is the bomb!

LaserShark Wed 12-Oct-16 15:05:01

Thanks all! I went for Max Factor as it was on offer in Boots and I felt impulsive but if I end up crying it all down my face I will try one of the other recommendations!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 12-Oct-16 21:11:00

I bought a Tarte Cosmetics mascara (Tartiest Lash Paint) her eyelashes looked amazing , I was convinced she was wearing falsies shock

Liiinoo Wed 12-Oct-16 21:50:53

The Tartiest Lash paint is included in this months QVC Tili box. I was very impressed with it.

PassThePeanutButter Thu 13-Oct-16 22:28:35

Estée Lauder Zero Smudge Double Wear Mascara - easy to remove, never a panda eye even if I sleep with it on. It has been a favourite of mine (in brown) for years but they're now discontinuing it sad
I've heard that the Clinique Lash Power (if that's what it's called) is similar so I'm going to have to make the switch.

AmberNectarine Thu 13-Oct-16 23:09:44

A few I like:

Smashbox full exposure
Benefit roller lash
Shiseido full lash volume
Bobbi Brown long wear

They all define rather than massively volumise - I hate clumpy lashes. I have found MAC mascaras to be universally shit. Also don't like Benefit Bad Gal.

EnidButton Fri 14-Oct-16 03:12:43

People are raving about this one atm. m.boots.com/h5/cat_hub?unCountry=uk&path=%2Fen%2FLOreal-Mega-Volume-Miss-Hippie-Mascara_1838506%2F

I bought it and wore it yesterday and I'm really impressed. It's comparable to more expensive ones like Lancôme Hypnose and Diorshow. My usual mascara is Diorshow but I'd be happy to switch to the hippie one.

I think they do it in waterproof too but I haven't tried that one personally.

EnidButton Fri 14-Oct-16 03:16:09

Sali Hughes mentions the hippie one here www.theguardian.com/fashion/2016/oct/08/beauty-best-high-street-autumn-makeup-sali-hughes

I've seen her say she prefers tubing mascaras as they don't smudge. No idea which are tuning mascaras but sounds like something you'd like.

PassThePeanutButter Fri 21-Oct-16 16:35:35

I've just switched from Estée Lauder Zero Smudge to Clinique Lash Power and I'm loving it. I really didn't think it would be as good as the EL. Good it's available in brown too.

slinkysaluki Sat 22-Oct-16 07:15:30

L'oreal Miss Manga is very good, makes my short sparse lashes look great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now