(Home) dyed blonde hair...how to make it more natural looking?

(18 Posts)
ChippyDucks Wed 05-Oct-16 13:04:51

Attached a pic of my current hair colour, which is fine, but I want to darken down my roots to make it more natural. Any ideas how to do this myself? At the moment I use nice n easy age defy med ash blonde.

pizzaeatingmonkey Wed 05-Oct-16 13:41:04

It looks natural already, a lovely colour, leave alone grin

Tunafishandlions Wed 05-Oct-16 13:43:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tunafishandlions Wed 05-Oct-16 13:44:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChippyDucks Wed 05-Oct-16 18:03:08

Ah thanks. I'm not very good at leaving things alone grin I was thinking if I could darken down my roots a bit it might look a bit better?

Fizzer123 Wed 05-Oct-16 19:08:10

It looks very nice, I wouldn't try and darken the roots.

Trickymoments Wed 05-Oct-16 19:17:00

Can I ask you what your natural colour is? I would love hair this colour & have endless highlights to
try & achieve it but can still see the dreaded greys at the roots. Just wondering if this nice n easy dye would be better. It looks lovely & shiney whereas mine is like straw!

Dowser Wed 05-Oct-16 20:32:15

Lovely colour . Leave well alone.

SueGeneris Wed 05-Oct-16 20:39:14

I also want my hair this colour and have even used this dye. But it came out too orange! Are you blonde anyway?

Trickymoments Wed 05-Oct-16 21:33:05

What is your natural colour Sue?

ChippyDucks Wed 05-Oct-16 21:58:03

I'm naturally strawberry blonde which has got slightly darker the older I've gotten, but I've also got a significant amount of grey in there. I'm lucky that I've got very resilient hair that holds up to a lot of torture! Every year or so I think I want nice rich glossy colour and go medium brown with highlights and then my pallor looks like shite. I usually last a week and a half before stripping it out again and going back to blonde.

Trickymoments Wed 05-Oct-16 22:13:15

Thanks, i wonder what would happen if i used the dye over highlights... not sure I'm brave enough!

ChippyDucks Thu 06-Oct-16 07:34:34

Tricky I'd give it a go, it has a pre dye treatment to smooth through your hair first to make the grey more pliable.

SueGeneris Thu 06-Oct-16 12:45:37

Tricky my natural colour is somewhere between light brown/dark blonde/mouse?

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 06-Oct-16 13:42:13

It's a lovely colour but if you're bored with it you could try one shade darker from the same range, so dark ash blonde. That would give more of a mousey brown. Maybe try a few streaks first in the top layer to see if you like it?

You've gone overboard with your eyeliner in the pic. My tip would be not to scribble all over your face with it. grin

ChippyDucks Thu 06-Oct-16 14:35:18

Ilostit grin

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 06-Oct-16 16:05:07

I think it looks natural already! If you are hellbent on it rather than trying to darken the roots you could use a Bronde kit by Loreal - it's a bit like a low/highlight kit except it's really low key.

CadiM Thu 06-Oct-16 16:18:30

I use that same colour but it has a darker result on me, closer to my natural dark blonde / mousey. I've found it looks pretty dark for the first few washes then lightens up. I've used it over highlights and I like the effect: can still see the highlights coming through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now