Is alpha H no good now?

(8 Posts)
bingisthebest Tue 04-Oct-16 21:56:20

I used to see loads of threads about this but have gone through search and can't seem to find any.
Is it not in for skin?! What do I neeeeed instead?

DoYouRememberJustinBobby Wed 05-Oct-16 00:28:22

As in Liquid Gold? It didn't nothing whatsoever for my face. Nothing. Might as well have just rubbed the money across my face instead.

Nabootique Wed 05-Oct-16 08:38:45

I think the buzz has died down a bit is all. It's still a well loved product. I have it, I use it, but I won't repurchase it as I have other treatments I like better. What is it that you want it to do? What skin issues do you have?

FrickOnAStick Wed 05-Oct-16 08:42:51

When it came out there wasn't much else in the way of widely available glycolic treatments, so it did well. Now the technology has trickled down into affordable products you can buy in Boots/Superdrug for 1/3 of the price and 100% of the efficacy and so people are less bothered about LG now. Especially when a lot of the newer products come in more convenient & travel friendly forms like pads, which mean you don't have to faff around with cotton wool pads.

ellequick Wed 05-Oct-16 15:45:01

FrickInAStick have you got any specific recommendations? I've seen the Nip+Fab pads, are those what you mean? I'm all about things that are 1/3 price but 100% the efficiency!

Lottapianos Wed 05-Oct-16 15:47:33

I've never used Liquid Gold but I use the Nip and Fab pads and I love them. Just the regular glycolic ones, not even the Extreme version, make my skin so much more glowy. And the Dragons' Blood ones have salicylic acid in - if I see a spot starting, I give it a rub with a DB pad at night and its pretty much gone in the morning

ellequick Wed 05-Oct-16 20:54:54

Thank you! Off to Superdrug I go tomorrow smile

bingisthebest Tue 11-Oct-16 21:26:34

Thank you some good advice here. I'm a little wary about buying more glycolyic as I bought the pixi glow pads and had horrendous breakouts. Which I know is unusual. Can anyone advise whether it's worth persevering? Or trying another type?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now