Do these boots count as smart casual? help needed

(9 Posts)
honeybeeplusone Tue 04-Oct-16 14:42:06

Hello ladies, help needed! I'm heading to a place where smart casual is the dress code... I am planning on wearing a dress and my favourite and comfortable boots www.rocketdog.co.uk/products/thundergb_black/thunder-black-biker-boot
I have been told no trainers, so are these OK?... Please tell me if not!!! Another option is jeans and some low heels... would that be better? confused

trufflepiggy Tue 04-Oct-16 14:43:25

I think they're casual, sorry.

They're nice though!

Drowzeee Tue 04-Oct-16 14:59:32

No, I don't think they would count as smart casual either, too casual.

burnishedsilver Tue 04-Oct-16 15:17:06

No, They're very casual.

Lucked Tue 04-Oct-16 15:27:30

Casual. Certainly don't wear them initially and see how others dress.

Are jeans allowed in smart casual? Maybe very good indigo or black jeans, I would be cautious of mid blue denim.

honeybeeplusone Tue 04-Oct-16 15:29:40

Ok thanks ladies you are awesome! Really glad I checked! Phew! smile

calmbeforeiloseit Tue 04-Oct-16 15:32:28

Whilst they're lovely, I'd definitely say they're casual.

I get the impression you're not overly enamoured with the idea of wearing heels? Would some like these do on short notice?

direct.asda.com/george/womens/shoes-boots/womens-boots/D1M1G20C20S2,default,sc.html#http://direct.asda.com/george/womens/shoes-boots/womens-boots/D1M1G20C20S2,default,sc.html

Dark skinny jeans, some nice understated boots and a smart top could be lovely?

calmbeforeiloseit Tue 04-Oct-16 15:33:30

Bloody link - I was thinking some like the black suede ankle boots?

honeybeeplusone Tue 04-Oct-16 18:13:22

Thank you - I just had a trying on session at home and found a navy blue dress that fits so can wear it with some heels and black tights or navy blue work trousers with a navy blue shiny top and low heels. I think that's more like it than my original ideas! Need to get out of the house more it seems wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now