Tops to wear under cardigans/blazers at work

(11 Posts)
misty252 Sun 02-Oct-16 21:34:39

Hello, I'm looking for some tips on work outfits, particularly plain, smart tops that can go under cardigans and blazers... Can't remember what I wore before (recently returned from mat leave) but I don't seem to have anything appropriate and just feel scruffy all the time!

I don't feel comfortable wearing sleeveless or low cut tops at work and all of my t shirts feel too casual. Buttoned up blouses feel too formal. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks smile

Sendraboots Sun 02-Oct-16 21:36:00

uniqlo do plain tops in tons of colour/styles that would suit.

misty252 Sun 02-Oct-16 22:00:03

Thank you very much - will have a look. I do own a few uniqlo tops but they're quite casual, will revisit website ..

Trills Sun 02-Oct-16 22:11:54

What's your budget like?

Do you have enormous boobs that render the slightest v-neck or scoop-neck inappropriate for work?

Trills Sun 02-Oct-16 22:15:56

The slight bell sleeves on this are cute

Trills Sun 02-Oct-16 22:17:50

Or this one that sort of has a necklace

Trills Sun 02-Oct-16 22:19:41

HoF is good because you can go to Tops and filter by sleeve length and neck shape as well as the usual price/size.etc

woodhill Sun 02-Oct-16 22:24:06

I tend to wear long sleeved t shirts to work, John Lewis have nice thick cotton scoop neck ones. I think they look reasonable and less starchy than polyester blouses

misty252 Sun 02-Oct-16 22:46:07

Thanks so much for all the suggestions, will check those out.
Trills - budget is usually lower/mid high street end but willing to spend a little bit more if necessary to try and up my game. No, I have a fairly small chest but am self conscious and just don't feel comfortable with anything on show!

misty252 Sun 02-Oct-16 22:53:24

Oh yes - just been on HoF and the filtering facility is excellent, thanks, I see what you mean. That grey top is definitely along the right lines & if it didn't have the split down the back would be perfect

PedantPending Mon 03-Oct-16 06:12:51

Cos silk t-shirts, Jigsaw or St. Emile silk tops, Liberty shirts, cotton polo-neck jumpers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now