Hen do help

(7 Posts)
CantChoose Sun 02-Oct-16 15:54:20

Hi,
I am going on a hen in a few weeks, fancy dinner and fancy bar. I am 28 but dress horridly frumpy. I am also fat, I wear a 16 in most shops. My worst bit is my big tummy with cellulite upper arms as a close second. I have good (fairly large) boobs and passable legs.
I fear that most people attending will be wealthy, stylish slim gazelles. I'm having a crisis of confidence and considering not going.
I wear jeans and bubble hem tops constantly, like a uniform. I'm stuck in a rut really.
Has anyone seen a nice, modern looking bubble hem suitable for evenings? Or have another suggestion?

itstheyearzero Sun 02-Oct-16 17:23:23

How much have you got to spend?

itstheyearzero Sun 02-Oct-16 17:45:48

When I was in a 16 I found this style of top the most flattering on my shape.because they flare out and skim over the problem area. Have you tried any like these? Maybe not from this particular store but I think loads of places do them. With skinny jeans and some heels they can look quite nice..

www.romanoriginals.co.uk/sleeveless-asymmetric-top-10300rbl

www.romanoriginals.co.uk/asymmetric-embellished-top-90362bla

ThisIsNotARealAvo Sun 02-Oct-16 17:52:51

Have you thought about a playsuit? If you've got nice legs they can look really good with opaque tights and black heels. Or a skater style dress? I'm a similar shape to you and that's what I wear when I go out sometimes.

itstheyearzero Sun 02-Oct-16 17:59:12

More...

www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_120010751364_-1
www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_58607+01638398_-1

CantChoose Sun 02-Oct-16 18:07:59

Thanks smile I don't have a set budget, for special occasions (I would count this as one) I'll buy at the Hobbs, mint velvet price points, if that helps... I'm not sure I'm brace enough for a play suit Avo though I'd consider a skater dress... I haven't tried those drapey tops zero so might look out for those smile

CantChoose Sun 02-Oct-16 18:09:11

I do like that grey one from Debenhams... and a very acceptable price! I might order that to try, sadly don't live near a debs...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now