Dear Cos, I take it back...

(12 Posts)
QueenSpartacusOfTheAndals Sun 02-Oct-16 08:52:57

So after deriding Cos for selling shapeless clothes and being told by the Mumsnet Style Massive that I was wrong, I went into one of their stores and actually bought two items of clothing! They're beautiful quality so I am willing to accept I was wrong, although there were still a lot of odd shaped pieces and at one point I wasn't sure if I'd wandered into the men's department by accident!

These were my purchases, although as I like my clothes more fitted I had to buy a small in the top as the medium was huge on me.

StrawberrytallCake Sun 02-Oct-16 08:57:45

The skirt looks like my elf on the shelf's skirt! (sorry) love the colour though, and the top!

QueenSpartacusOfTheAndals Sun 02-Oct-16 09:07:28

Haha! Well I was planning on wearing it to my office xmas party...

Actually, having bought it I'm now wondering what top to wear it with! I don't usually do tucked in as if I put on weight it goes around my middle, but it's quite high-waisted which has a slimming effect.

JohnCheese Sun 02-Oct-16 09:47:46

No no the skirt is NOT elf's skirt!! grin
The scalloped edge is lovely and the fabric really good. However I too am struggling to match it up. Prob another grey jumper...

LOVE the top - haven't seen it in store. Am having a rare day in town on Tues, will have a look.

QueenSpartacusOfTheAndals Sun 02-Oct-16 09:49:41

The back of the top is particularly lovely as its pleated to look like it's open-backed, even though it isn't. I might not be explaining that very well!

QueenSpartacusOfTheAndals Sun 02-Oct-16 09:51:59

I thought about getting this Levis' shirt to wear tucked into the skirt but not sure I can bring myself to pay £60 for something that's 100% polyester!

Dulcimena Sun 02-Oct-16 16:27:05

That jumper is a beautiful colour, and I do love the scalloped hem on your skirt. Glad you found some things you like.

Love that skirt. I'd wear it with black opaques and a black turtle neck, or plain black t-shirt, plus ankle boots and a biker jacket.

Also just seen and fallen in love with this. Anybody seen it irl?

QueenSpartacusOfTheAndals Mon 03-Oct-16 21:47:06

Yes I saw it and the fabric looked of really nice quality, though it isn't my style.

botemp Mon 03-Oct-16 21:54:16

I saw it on a mannequin, Remus, and it looked quite long and a bit bulky so I think best suited if you're very tall.

Thanks,. I am most definitely NOT tall. Shame, as I do love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now