Brands similar to Mint Velvet?

(8 Posts)
Baconsarnie Sat 01-Oct-16 12:30:55

I love Mint Velvet, though this season. I'm finding their stuff a bit meh. Has anyone come across similar 'relaxed glamour' brands that go up to a size 18?

Nanasueathome Sat 01-Oct-16 12:31:39

Phase 8

burnishedsilver Sat 01-Oct-16 16:37:57

I think there are some similarities with a few pieces from the white company and from All Saints.

Chewbecca Sat 01-Oct-16 17:04:12

Ah, I came on to say White Company but I see it's already been suggested. They have such a small range though.

To me phase8 is very different in style, colours tend to be less muted and styling, oh I can't find the words.

Wearing a favourite grey, studded, batwing sleeved MV sweater right now that I love, it's flattering and 'relaxed glamour' is exactly the right description for it.

Elegia Sat 01-Oct-16 19:38:35

House of Fraser brand think it is called Willow and Grey?

Find MV a bit overrated TBH poorly made and a bit like a grey Per Una for middle age .

Yes to W&G and bits from White Company.

I've gone right off MV - the fabrics are v poor generally.

sentia Sat 01-Oct-16 20:15:26

Wrap London? Or Poetry (which is the expensive version of Wrap). If you avoid the more "earthy" looks...

Cos is also somewhere I get a few drapey muted pieces from.

And Halhuber (stocked at HoF) have some nice fluid tees that are a bit MVish.

Baconsarnie Sun 02-Oct-16 12:39:11

Thanks everyone. Will defo have a look at W&G, once I locate a HoF. Always thought White Co was just too expensive, tho I might be mixing it up with Toast. Will take another look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now