'Trendy' American cosmetic brands...where to buy?

(18 Posts)
Chimchar Sat 01-Oct-16 10:00:07

Hi.
My teenage dd watches farrrrrrr too much you tube.
Her Christmas list is growing long with fucking expensive brands like Jeffree Star, Kylie Jenner, and some clear lipstick with a flower in it!!

I can buy them online from the states, but shipping is expensive, and her pile of pressies is going to be teeny!
Any idea if I can get them from the uk? And also, if you are clued up on this stuff, which other brands she might like?!

Thanks. flowerssmile

ElspethFlashman Sat 01-Oct-16 10:05:04

Beautybay has free shipping offers over a certain amount. It has Jeffrey Star.

Whosthemummy16 Sat 01-Oct-16 10:05:54

Beautylish has fab customer service, the shipping from the states is very reasonable and fast too.

Chimchar Sat 01-Oct-16 10:10:33

Thanks both.

Beauty bay doesn't have the lip thingie she wants typically!
Will take a look at the other store now. Thanks for posting.

homebythesea Sat 01-Oct-16 10:12:08

eBay has a ton of those flower lipsticks

Have you tried Amazon- I get Milani cosmetics from there which are otherwise difficult to track diwn. Also Sephora ship to the UK

poppym12 Sat 01-Oct-16 10:18:55

Try amazon. I've seen quite a few hard-to-find-in-the-UK brands on there. I've definitely seen a clear lipstick with flower in somewhere too. I'll try to find it again.

poppym12 Sat 01-Oct-16 10:20:40

www.amazon.co.uk/Kailijumei-Jelly-Lip-Stick-temperature/dp/B01JYVH7L0

Chimchar Sat 01-Oct-16 10:23:35

Thanks again.

Have just found the same kallijumei lip pie direct from their site for £11.99 and free shipping. Yay!

Will have a look at the other brands you've mentioned.

smile

poppym12 Sat 01-Oct-16 10:54:25

Good find grin

CoolToned Sat 01-Oct-16 13:37:30

www.beautylish.com/b/jeffree-star

Roses beauty store, roses 24, cult beauty quite often have these brands.

FrickOnAStick Sat 01-Oct-16 14:05:12

I'd avoid jeffree star. Over priced, over hyped and putting money in the pocket of a racist twazzcock

TheWombat Sat 01-Oct-16 14:06:01

Balance out the pile with some cheap but trendy Korean beauty things? Search for Holika Holika, Tony Moly and Etude House on eBay- postage is usually free and comes with samples. The Tony Moly panda hand cream is popular with teenage girls!

Jmangel Sat 01-Oct-16 14:20:31

Never heard of these but then I'm 44 but now very interested - baa!

ElspethFlashman Sat 01-Oct-16 14:23:13

Agree with the Korean stuff on eBay. It's absolutely adorable and pretty cheap with free shipping. I've ordered quite a bit of Etude House and Tony Moly before. The products are decent too.

TheWombat Sat 01-Oct-16 14:31:52

cute Korean cat ear headband £1.50

cute fruit lip balm £3.50

bunny face mist £5.60

Nettletheelf Sat 01-Oct-16 14:51:33

Superdrug have started selling The Balm. (The Balm is another whimsical American make up range, but the stuff is actually really good. Their Frat Boy blusher is the biz).

Chimchar Sun 02-Oct-16 19:02:33

Thank you all so much.
I've fancied The Balm stuff for myself, but thought it might have been a Benefit rip off.
Have seen the Holy Moly stuff before... Didn't know what it was called. It's fab!

Really appreciate your help. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now