I have terrier dog hair - best shampoo , conditioner and deep treatment ?

(7 Posts)
ginorwine Fri 30-Sep-16 22:31:46

I have over dyed
Grey ( under dye )
Rough course hair like dog hair !
Recomendation for glossy smooth locks please ? Sulphate free if poss . Thanks 👩

Miloarmadillo1 Fri 30-Sep-16 22:33:20

Palmers olive oil formula co-wash

phoolani Fri 30-Sep-16 23:18:45

Phillip Kingsley Elastisizer, loreal extraordinary oil and Schwarzkopf 10 in 1 all star styling product.

phoolani Fri 30-Sep-16 23:19:39

Didn't see the sulphate thing - have no idea whether any of those are sulphate free or not. They're all great, tho!

Liiinoo Fri 30-Sep-16 23:24:57

I don't have hair like yours, it is straight and usually quite strong but it has got very rough and coarse over the last year due to menopause/using heated appliances/volumising products.

For the last two months I have used coconut oil. The stuff you buy for cooking. I do it at night whenever I was my hair (every 5-6 days), I section my hair, rub the oil though the lengths and mid lengths and then sleep with a shower cap on. I wash it out in the morning. There has been no greasy residue indicating my hair has been soaking up the oil.

This week, for the first time my hair was lank and greasy after the treatment and I had to wash it again the next day but it now is shining and as silky as it ever was. Try it - it's cheap and it might make a difference.

RosieWithTheGoodCreditHistory Sat 01-Oct-16 11:34:53

Does it stretch when wet? If it does you need protein - the redken extreme line is great for this but pricey. The mask is the best part and is about £20 on Amazon. Saved my hair on numerous occasions

margaritasbythesea Sat 01-Oct-16 11:40:14

Following...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now