Long sleeved top for under dress

(23 Posts)
Lookdownthesofa Fri 30-Sep-16 13:21:34

I'm looking for a close-fitting long-sleeved top to be worn underneath a stretchy jersey style dress. I love the dress, and it's quite a "cosy" material, but it's got short sleeves, so not great for autumn/winter.

I'm looking for berry red/burgandy/dark blue colours.

I know what I'm after must exist, but everything looks to be quite loose-fitting, which I don't think will work as the dress is quite clingy.

Mamia15 Fri 30-Sep-16 13:23:02

Try Primark, TU and the Gap.

NantucketNightbird Fri 30-Sep-16 13:24:29

I got some lovely soft long sleeved tips from primark the other week. They had lots of different colours and patterns.

GinAndOnIt Fri 30-Sep-16 13:26:30

Watching this with interest, as I struggle to find tighter fitting tops lately. I can't keep wearing the same Primary basic one from about 2 years ago anymore!

Lookdownthesofa Fri 30-Sep-16 13:27:39

Ooh thank you for your quick responses. Will take a look...

TheWrathFromHighAtopTheThing Fri 30-Sep-16 13:30:46

I find the Primark ones get baggy sleeves after a few washes.

It's the holy grail.

Mamia15 Fri 30-Sep-16 13:39:30

The Wrath - mine are still fine after a few years...

Sendraboots Fri 30-Sep-16 13:46:45

Uniqlo heatech very fine but nice comes in lots of colours

Sendraboots Fri 30-Sep-16 13:47:40

M and s do similar now too

BatmanLovesMarmite Fri 30-Sep-16 13:54:44

Primark.

I have a few from Matalan from a few years ago - possibly they still do them? Same for Hobbs, although I only have black and white ones of these.

I find M&S much too short in the body, which gives a weird, uncomfortable line under dresses.

Jemimapuddleduk Fri 30-Sep-16 14:04:20

Tu have some gorgeous Bretons in Autumn colours. I have a great navy and burnt orange one

poppym12 Fri 30-Sep-16 14:08:48

I've had some from gap in the past. I find them good for everyday basics.

CoolToned Fri 30-Sep-16 14:08:59

Uniqlo Heat Teach smile

MarklahMarklah Fri 30-Sep-16 14:10:00

H&M do nice long-sleeved t-shirts. Not sure what current colour options are.

I tried some M&S ones on in burgundy but (unusually for M&S!) they were actually a bit too long for me. I also thought they felt as if they'd lose their shape really easily. A shame, as they were a good price and they were cotton.

It really is the holy grail - I'm still looking!

Lalsy Fri 30-Sep-16 17:33:13

Uniqlo heat teach. Close fitting, hold their shape, range of colours. I wear them under stuff as if try were vests all winter. Long and short sleeves.

momofgirls Fri 30-Sep-16 17:35:03

Jigsaw as some close fitting tops long sleeve various necklines little more expensive but seem to have decent reviews. Some mumsnet members may know whether good quality

1frenchfoodie Fri 30-Sep-16 17:57:17

Another vote for Uniqulo heatech - good selection of colours and neck shapes and snug fitting, particularly if you go a size down (they are nice and stretchy).

Lancelottie Fri 30-Sep-16 18:00:09

I use the Heattech ones for winter running tops. Weirdly, I hadn't actually thought of buying them for everyday use - do they get a bit overheating for normal wear?

coolpotato Fri 30-Sep-16 18:05:34

Boden long layering tops are good. Neat fitting and not too thin, perfect for under dresses/jumpers. Some in the sale at the moment.

Nearlyadoctor Fri 30-Sep-16 18:11:25

M&S heatgen ones are really good, supposedly vests but work really well as ordinary tops. Lots of colours and lots of styles.

www.marksandspencer.com/heatgen-thermal-long-sleeve-top/p/p22405753?prevPage=srp

Lookdownthesofa Fri 30-Sep-16 18:42:08

Thank you. I've just ordered some of the Uniqlo heat tech tops in various colours and sizes. Also some of their heat tech leggings.

Oldraver Fri 30-Sep-16 18:55:13

I have quite a few thermal long sleeve vests that I usually wear in place of long sleeve t-shirts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now