My measurements are 33/26/38 how do I dress for my body shape? (Pic included)

(15 Posts)
Itsnotlikeme Thu 29-Sep-16 18:51:18

Have been seeing a personal trainer and have lost loads of weight off my top half and top part of my waist.

My tummy is still stubbornly sticking out and my bottom is like a shelf. My trainer said that's tending towards my natural shape
hmm.

I am tired of wearing skirts and dresses that flare at the waist and really loved the blue dress Kate Middleton wore stepping off the plane in Canada last week.

Any ideas of flattering but not obvious pear shaped styles would be appreciated please!

princessconsuelabannahammock Thu 29-Sep-16 19:02:59

No clue sorry but you have a lovely shape and well done on the weight loss. I love those shape of skirts and dresses. You have a tiny waist. Loads of squats and Pilates for toning and pulling in??

Liiinoo Thu 29-Sep-16 20:27:35

You have a beautiful figure, you really need to show off that waist!

Skater dresses. Fit and flare. Anything belted. Circular skirts with fitted tops.

Sparklesilverglitter Thu 29-Sep-16 20:33:14

You have one of them, love dip in waists. You should really show that off envy
Also nice pair of boobs, maybe draw attention to there too.

I'm not sure what things to recommend you wear, I'm not overly fashionable these days but I hope some knowledgeable person comes along.

Mamabird3 Thu 29-Sep-16 20:36:13

Watching with interest as I'm a very similar shape, just a -much- larger bum and slightly bigger boobs. Well done on the weight loss op!

quicklydecides Thu 29-Sep-16 20:37:44

Wear lots of tight dresses, you have an amazing figure.

thehugemanatee Thu 29-Sep-16 20:55:30

I'm exactly the same measurements as you and I'm also 6ft tall. It's hard to find shirts and trousers that fit my figure, they're all usually a combination of tight or baggy in all the wrong places.

I mainly wear 3/4 length baggy trousers with elasticated waist, and a loose fitting shirt with a belt around my waist if I'm wearing shirt and trousers. Dresses I wear usually knee length baggy dresses with a belt around my waist to give them shape. Skirts usually ones that flair tbh. What you're wearing in the pic looks great.

NeverNic Fri 30-Sep-16 21:47:18

You can totally wear that Kate style dress. You just need good smoothing underwear. I don't mean the suck them in type, but something that will give you a good outline. Holly Willoughby often wears those style dresses, so have a look st where her This Morning outfits are from as they tend to be high street. I have a dip in waist (but I'm more hour glass) and tend to find something that has a stretch, and a slightly thicker material works better and I try to wear them on the tight side but will go up a size so that something skims. Slightly loose, wrinkes around the middle, which makes me look bigger. Equally so does a dress that rides up. ASOS bodycon fit dresses tend to be good for me (Not the clubbing length ones tho!)

rubybleu Fri 30-Sep-16 22:55:57

I'm almost identical measurements!

Pencil dresses should work well - look for seams or detail to define the waist. I often wear a belt if necessary. Most of my dresses are "Kate Middleton" style.

Casual clothes are much harder. Apart from dresses I have to be very careful where tops end/bottoms begin as the wrong place makes me look fat.

Itsnotlikeme Thu 06-Oct-16 18:17:50

Thanks all - sorry forgot to check back blush

Some really lovely comments and I must go off and check Asos now

imjessie Thu 06-Oct-16 18:21:07

I have this figure ,it's a pain in the arse.. will be back later.

FeckinCrutches Thu 06-Oct-16 18:25:21

Not sure if you noticed OP but on your second picture you can see other pictures from your camera roll, not sure if you want it deleted!

Terramirabilis Thu 06-Oct-16 19:40:28

I'm not too dissimilar to you, although larger bust: 36-27-38. Agree with previous posters that you need to emphasize your waist. It can get boring to do that with every outfit but it undoubtedly looks better.

In your case, as you have a distinctly smaller bust than hips, I recommend trying to add emphasis to your top half e.g. prints, brighter colors, patterns, texture such as satin/silk/sequins/beading/ruffles/embroidery/anything that's a detail that draws the eye. Also things that will add visual width across the shoulders such as sleeves in contrasting fabric to the main torso fabric.

This is all assuming that what you want is to create an hourglass appearance through your clothes which is supposedly the goal we're all meant to have (according to the fashion gods.)

One book which is amazing for understanding body types and dressing them - and I've read a lot of these - is the Pocket Stylist. It's American but I found it on Amazon UK for only a quid used. It came out ten years ago but the advice still holds.

www.amazon.co.uk/Pocket-Stylist-Behind-Scenes-Expertise/dp/1592400418

FrameyMcFrame Thu 06-Oct-16 19:43:09

You have a similar shape to me, big in the hips and quite long body. I like fit and flare, skater dresses. Anything with a waist, belt jumpers and cardigans

MadAsABagOfCats Thu 06-Oct-16 19:48:11

Are you pear shaped?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now