Thank you Mumsnet HQ for introducing me to Woolovers.

(17 Posts)
electricflyzapper Thu 29-Sep-16 10:09:34

I caught a recent thread where people were posting codes and bargains for online shopping, and someone from MNHQ posted a link to the Woolovers half price sale.

I had never heard of Woolovers before, but I have long been trying to find somewhere that sells simple knitwear in plain BRIGHT colours a la Bennetton in my youth. I despair every time I go shopping as all I find are drab black, maroon, khaki colours, or, the few places that sell quality knitwear in bright colours charge an arm and a leg (John Lewis, I am looking at you!)

Anyway, the Woolovers link took me to pages and pages of simple cardigans and jumpers in a range of styles and bright, cheerful colours. The wool is 70% merino wool, 30% cashmere. On offer, the average prices were £17 - 20. Of course, not all the colours shown turned out to be in my size so I didnt have the chance to buy exactly all I wanted, but I bought 4 things, 3 of which have just turned up today, and I can't tell you how pleased I am with them.

I just wanted to say thank you to MN for introducing me to this company, and if anyone is looking for a break from the drab colours the High Street offers us, I can thoroughly recommend you look at Woolovers. And no, I am not being paid by them to say so! grin

ElaeudanlaTeiteia Thu 29-Sep-16 12:29:09

I really like them too! I bought four v-neck sleeveless tops in their silk / cotton blend for about £12 each in sale. I have lived in them, they work in all seasons, on their own or as a bottom layer, and are even gorgeous to sleep in.

Have quite a few woollies as well but they're so warm I only get to wear them in the depths of winter.

chipsonthebeach Thu 29-Sep-16 13:01:10

I love Woolovers cardis especially - the cotton/silk cropped cardigans with 3/4 sleeves are perfect over dresses. I have five, and I've never paid more than £18 for one. Brilliant.

nickEcave Thu 29-Sep-16 13:13:39

I absolutely love the cropped silk/cotton ones for summer. I'm under 5ft and they are the only cardigans which sit on my natural waistline. The look fab with fitted sleeveless summer dresses

Oscha Thu 29-Sep-16 13:29:09

I got two jumpers (the same 70/30 blend) for a combined total of less than £30!

CallarMorvern Thu 29-Sep-16 13:44:42

Oooh, I might regret reading this thread...

electricflyzapper Thu 29-Sep-16 14:20:17

Ah some fellow Woolovers! May I ask anyone with experience of this brand, how well do the wool jumpers wash? I have spent the morning trying on my new acquisitions with various things in my wardrobe and they really enhance what I have. I am feeling so pleased with what I bought. The only downside I can envisage is that they will bobble after a few wears or the first wash like White Stuff cardies

nickEcave Thu 29-Sep-16 14:48:47

I can only speak for the cotton/silk ones but mine have survived washing well. I always do them on a wool cycle and use delicate wash liquid and there has been no bobbling after 2 years of use.

Didiusfalco Thu 29-Sep-16 16:23:59

I have a number of these, and I think they wash well. I pretty much don't buy jumpers anywhere else! I use a hand wash cycle and woolite, not normal detergent, but I am very happy with them. I think there is inevitably some bobbling due to the nature of the fabric. I think woolovers sell some kind of de-bobbling device.

CruCru Thu 29-Sep-16 18:00:58

I like Woolovers a lot. I've just bought two cashmere / merino cardigans to replace a holey Boden one and they're great (and we're £20 each).

I've accidentally ordered some lambswool things that were half price.

CruCru Thu 29-Sep-16 18:01:16

They haven't arrived yet though.

FurryLittleTwerp Thu 29-Sep-16 18:26:22

I have several of the cotton/silk ones & they wash well - haven't had any wool ones yet. They recommend using washing liquid for delicates.

CallarMorvern Thu 29-Sep-16 18:47:32

Well the mobile site was awful on my phone that I gave up. Perhaps a good job, as I'm supposed to be economising.

electricflyzapper Thu 29-Sep-16 19:17:23

That's a shame Callar. Just keep the name in mind for when you really need something, and hopefully they will have sorted out the mobile site by then.

Sammysquiz Thu 29-Sep-16 19:20:27

Be careful to read the full description of each item when ordering - a lot of them are unisex, so quite a masculine style fit, rather than being a bit fitted around the waist.

Their returns policy is worth noting. You have to buy a returns label for £1.50 when placing your order, but this is for Hermes, not the Post Office, so you need to take it to one of their collection points.

And their website has one of my pet hates - the tick box to say you don't want your email address passed to third parties is under the button to submit your order, so you don't notice it til it's too late!

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 18-Oct-16 12:26:19

Hi everyone,

Sorry to butt in on this but we told Woolovers how much you love them and they were happy to offer Mumsnetters an exclusive 10% off every order. You can find the discount code over here.

Happy shopping!

AmethystMoon Tue 18-Oct-16 17:35:43

I've lots of the cashmere merino blend and they do bobble as you'd expect with that blends but I just shave them off with my Lakeland bobble shaver. V quick and ta da! Nice new looking jumpers again.
I wash in the machine on wool cycle with Woollite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now