Help - breastfeeding wardrobe

(2 Posts)
Izabet Mon 26-Sep-16 18:07:53

I need help! Have just had DD2 (6 days old) and need a whole wardrobe for maternity leave. Baby #1 has just turned 2, so don't have any "staples" as have changed shape dramatically several times in the last few years.

I've never been particularly fashionable but thought I did OK in the past, but have lost all confidence in my ability to choose an outfit. I absolutely dread shopping, which is made worse by the fact that I am not from the UK and don't have any idea which shops to go to.

Anyway, I need a comfortable, breastfeeding friendly wardrobe to get me through the winter and could use all the help I can get!

I am overweight and hourglassy with massive boobs and big hips/thighs. Don't know current post-pregnancy size, but around a 20/22 I would guess. I also have massive feet, size 9, and can't wear flats, need some support in shoes. I am flabby in all of the areas you would expect. I'm just tall enough to struggle on the border of needing talk sizes - they are inevitably too long, but regular feel just slightly ill fitting/too short. I've never owned a pair of jeans that didn't sag in the wrong places.

I like dresses and comfy jumpers, struggle with the former because j don't know how to style them with no heels. Look best in skirts/dresses that hit around the knee. Walk a lot while on leave so will need suitable shoes. We are broke while I'm in leave so need as inexpensive as possible (though not utter crap!).

Sorry this is a bit disjointed, hard to ask for help. I am "only" 34 and it's embarrassing to admit how bad I am at this!

GreyBird84 Mon 26-Sep-16 20:40:55

Primark stretchy vests are your friend, wear a top over that pulls up & pull vest down.

I'm more of a tunic / dress girl so it was hard to get used to wearing jeans / skirts etc but this was honestly the best way of feeding I Found.

I never found any of the actual breastfeeding tops any use.

I'm pregnant with no 2 & planning on buying maternity dungarees which everyone says are also fab for breastfeeding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now