I need a work dress

(12 Posts)
YoullNeverWeeAlone Sun 25-Sep-16 10:31:53

Must have sleeves (3/4 length or full), be plain colour or have large pattern - no spots or any ditsy prints, be machine washable, finish on or just below knee length (am 5' 7"), and not have v neck or be wrap over.

I have hunted in shops and on line and found nothing. Anyone seen anything which fits the bill?

Sleepinghooty Sun 25-Sep-16 13:10:41

I have just bought a this from Boden-yes I've read the thread about not sexy makes you look older but I think it is perfect for work. I'm 5'7 and it sits just below my knee
m.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-dresses/smart-day-dresses/ww113/womens-curve-flare-dress

blinkowl Sun 25-Sep-16 13:13:28

I'd like the same!

storynanny Sun 25-Sep-16 13:14:53

Some nice dresses in Hobbs

SwedishEdith Sun 25-Sep-16 13:16:09

This?

Same but few slight pattern

Or this? Bit Theresa May though

AidingAndAbetting Sun 25-Sep-16 13:18:10

What about this from Next?

YoullNeverWeeAlone Sun 25-Sep-16 13:19:40

Oh, now I don't normally do Boden but I do quite like that. Did you get regular length sleeping?

And can I machine wash it? Own too many clothes which spend more time waiting to go to cleaners / be picked up than they do in my wardrobe.

Perhaps I should look at Boden again, always put off by the prints before. Need a discount code though.

elastamum Sun 25-Sep-16 13:23:04

I buy mine from phase eight. They wash well, don't crease and look really smart

plimsolls Sun 25-Sep-16 13:24:31

Hush Tara dress?

I have some lovely wool and silk fine know jumper dresses from Cos but not sure what they have in stock currently.

plimsolls Sun 25-Sep-16 13:24:42

*knit

YoullNeverWeeAlone Sun 25-Sep-16 13:25:32

Thank you all.

Uniqlo ones are lovely but I always look shapeless and dowdy in those shaped dresses. Need something with a waist I think (this is my problem, I look crap in the styles I like and tend not to like the styles which suit me).

Next one I'd wear but don't love it, plus me and Next clothes don't seem to be the same shape.

Sleepinghooty Sun 25-Sep-16 13:30:37

Yes regular length. Says machine washable but not worn/ washed it yet. I agree re Boden patterns but really like this one and it is really flattering (the others linked would look terrible on me!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now