Tights with culottes?

(12 Posts)
JKnottyProblem Sat 24-Sep-16 21:53:40

Having finally found the fashion unicorn (flattering culotte jumpsuit) I am keen to carry on wearing it into the winter.

I'm planning to wear it with a very fine knit polo neck or something underneath with ankle boots for autumn, but what to do when it gets properly cold?

Is anybody else planning to wear opaque tights with culottes for winter?

Fuzzypeggy Sat 24-Sep-16 21:54:22

I did it with black culottes last winter and it looked nice imo

AnneGables Sat 24-Sep-16 21:55:52

Glad you have asked this as I've been wondering too. Bit of a late adopter and only got a pair last week and i love them, i don't want to put them away over winter.

JKnottyProblem Sat 24-Sep-16 21:56:23

Ohh, that's good to hear...I suppose there's no obvious reason not to, its just that all the lookbooks have the models styled with bare legs and ankle boots so I'm struggling to picture how it will look...

JKnottyProblem Sat 24-Sep-16 21:58:53

Anne They're everywhere this season, so I think will be here to stay for a while yet - embrace the swish! smile

Fuzzypeggy Sat 24-Sep-16 22:00:17

I treat culottes in exactly the same way as I would a skirt, they look pretty much like a skirt really. Thinking of them like that seems to take the pressure off if you see what I mean, people seem to think they're difficult to wear or style but I think no more than a midi skirt

JKnottyProblem Sat 24-Sep-16 22:04:00

That's what I was thinking fuzzy - I'm perfectly comfortable in a pleated midi skirt/opaque tights and brogues...

MyNewHobbyIsGin Sat 24-Sep-16 22:06:16

hoping to try them with boots

MyNewHobbyIsGin Sat 24-Sep-16 22:08:34

Urgh didn't think that would work

Search Pinterest for culottes with boots, there are some v cool pictures with culottes and knee high boots. Much more hip looking than knee high boots and skinnies

Pootlebug Sat 24-Sep-16 22:16:23

I have just searched Pinterest for Culottes + boots and the 7 year old lying across my knee falling asleep has laughed hysterically at the pictures. I think he may have a point.

MyNewHobbyIsGin Sat 24-Sep-16 22:20:43

Really?

I'll give it a go!

JKnottyProblem Sat 24-Sep-16 22:28:54

Have to say, I'm not convinced by the idea of knee high boots + culottes. I think I'd feel a bit like Dick Whittington confused

...although I wouldn't take style advice from a 7 year old boy either wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now