Love these boots, but they're almost £200...

(24 Posts)
Baconsarnie Fri 23-Sep-16 17:08:23

airandgracelondon.com/collections/womens-leather-ankle-boots/products/coachella-tan-leather-ankle-boot

Has anyone seen similar for less?

ShmooBooMoo Fri 23-Sep-16 18:49:24

These half a dark heel but are similar. Plus, they are £120 right now as KG are doing 20% off:
www.kurtgeiger.com/women/shoes/boots/ankle/sally-tan-leather-kg-kurt-geiger
or these but they are suede:
www.dunelondon.com/phollie-side-zip-detail-suede-ankle-boot-0863506030011350/

spanky2 Fri 23-Sep-16 18:57:01

Anything over £100 requires my dcs to run in front of me with squares of carpet to place on the floor to walk on...

Baconsarnie Fri 23-Sep-16 22:37:54

Thanks Shmoo, those Dune ones are lovely, aren't they? Tho I think I bit high for me for everyday wear.
I know spanky, £100?is my cut off too. But perhaps on a cost per wear basis I can justify it??

Shitonyoursofa Fri 23-Sep-16 22:40:35

I knew it was going to be those! I saw a Facebook ad for them about 20 mins ago and I want them too envy

They are gorgeous.

Shitonyoursofa Fri 23-Sep-16 22:42:09

And more helpfully, Debenhams have 40% off boots online today, not sure how long the offer is on for. In case anyone suggests a pair you can get from there

Shitonyoursofa Fri 23-Sep-16 22:44:25

These are a bit similar...
www.office.co.uk/view/product/office_catalog/2,10/2559245000

Shitonyoursofa Fri 23-Sep-16 22:47:09

Bloody clicky link. These!

HardcoreLadyType Fri 23-Sep-16 22:48:28

Really? I don't like the way the heel protrudes out the back.

These from Office are similar, and more attractive, IMO, as well as being in budget.

Filiboom Sat 24-Sep-16 00:13:34

Oh I posted about these a few days ago - gorgeous. I've since bought some M&S Autograph Chelsea boots in the 20% off thing for about a quarter of the price as I hadn't heard anything that made me feel I could justify the extra at the moment. They're great and will do what I need them to (look good with jeans and comfortable to walk in), but I still hanker over these ones. Please buy them and let me live vicariously!

cheeseandmarmite15 Sat 24-Sep-16 04:42:50

www.windsorandwales.com/products/sandpiper-ankle-boot?variant=4178781125

CustardSquare Sat 24-Sep-16 05:01:08

If it helps, Air and Grace boots and shoes are gorgeous. They're so comfortable to wear. Plus, you're helping support an independent British brand (I don't work for them, honest)!

Buttwing Sat 24-Sep-16 08:39:33

Beautiful live on beans for a month and buy themwink

Baconsarnie Sat 24-Sep-16 09:32:41

Thanks all, and Shit and LasyHardcore, thanks for the suggestions. I really like both those boots. Think the Office pair just has the edge. Hmmm... Was sort of hoping everyone would say get the air and grace ones!

ImAMorningPerson Sat 24-Sep-16 09:37:00

Get them! Go on, you'll always be thinking about getting the next best thing... nobody wants second best. wink

FrazzleM Sat 24-Sep-16 09:44:25

I've recently bought 3 pairs of Office boots and they are okay.

The don't scream quality and style, but alas I'm a size 42 and can never get any boots in my size.

A decent pair of boots will last at least 2 winters. My Office ones are scratched already.

Provided you can afford it, you could order them to compare them with the Office ones? knowing full well they will be miles apart

travailtotravel Sat 24-Sep-16 09:48:56

Never ever spend that kind of money on shoes you can't repair is my rule. I paid £250 for a fab pair of leather boots 5 years ago. Just paid £22.50 to get them resoled and heeled and get 2 more years out of them ...

Id need to see the quality therefore to make z judgment.

27yummymummy Sat 24-Sep-16 10:35:47

Those Windsor and Wales boots are beautiful cheeseandmarmite15! Have you got a pair? They are not a bad price at all, and made in the UK.

Nearlyadoctor Sat 24-Sep-16 12:07:21

I would buy them - they're gorgeous and you won't be entirely happy with anything else! Send the children up chimneys if needs be smile

Baconsarnie Sat 24-Sep-16 12:38:09

That's a good point, Frazzle. Maybe I should order them and see what the quality is like! Or find out where they're stocked and have a look without having to buy. I would wear them every day so on a cost per wear basis it might be ok...

Floisme Sat 24-Sep-16 12:44:19

I think it depends on how hard you are on your shoes. I wouldn't spend more than about £80 on ankle boots because, however good the quality, I always manage to trash them so cost per wear doesn't work. But if you're lighter of feet than I am then it might be worth it.

Baconsarnie Sun 25-Sep-16 16:23:10

I'm definitely not light on my feet! Quite the opposite, sadly. I saw sense and ordered Shitonyoursofa's lovely looking Office ones. Now to put the expensive ones out of my mind.

27yummymummy Mon 03-Oct-16 12:09:38

Did anyone go for the Air & Grace or Windsor & Wales boots in the end? I finally got my autumn boots out of the wardrobe this weekend and the suede is looking worn and a bit scruffy so I think a new pair is justified!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now