Perfect red lipstick for pale, red toned skin with blue grey eyes and blonde hair

(15 Posts)
shabbychic1 Fri 23-Sep-16 16:43:54

Fancying a change and I've never found a good red lipstick. I'm pale but prone to ruddiness which I camouflage with Estée Lauder Long wear concealer. I have blue grey eyes and blonde hair (highlighted but naturally 'dirty' blond/mouse, cool tones). Can anyone recommend a good red lipstick! I normally don't wear lipstick at all, just balm but love the look.

I did go to the boots to get my skin colour 'analysed' to see which lipsticks would suit- and I ended up between 2 foundation shades which wasn't helpful at all!! confused

Destinysdaughter Fri 23-Sep-16 18:57:23

What colour clothes suit you OP? Warm or cool colours?

shabbychic1 Fri 23-Sep-16 19:44:52

Cool grin

Celticlassie Fri 23-Sep-16 19:51:19

Mac Ruby Woo suits most people apparently.
I have Bobbi Brown - red and I'm pale with blue eyes but red / brown hair.

ppandj Fri 23-Sep-16 19:54:44

I reckon Ruby Woo would suit you, I believe it's a blue based red? Apparently more flattering on pale skin I think I heard!

shabbychic1 Fri 23-Sep-16 20:08:20

Thanks! smile

princessconsuelabannahammock Fri 23-Sep-16 20:10:18

I have a similar colouring and bought no7 paprika. Its a lovely colour. I have never worn red before but I love it

MoonlightMojitos Fri 23-Sep-16 20:11:38

Another vote for ruby woo here! Very bright though if you're not used to red!

FrustratedFrugal Fri 23-Sep-16 20:11:58

I have similar coloring except green eyes and I find I can't wear red lipstick when I am ruddy / blotchy (sounds charming, I have mild rosacea). Red lippy highlights every bit of redness and every breakout. When my skin isn't red (or when I wear a full-coverage foundation that gives a flawless finish), cool-toned reds work well, but for everyday, mauves and raspberry pinks are much easier to wear.

I wear lipstick a lot. If you have a Kiko near you, buy a handful to experiment with - they are some of my favorites. You can also buy one of those L'Oreal lip palettes that allow you to try lots of different shades.

QueenofLouisiana Fri 23-Sep-16 20:21:43

I found Lidl's strawberry red s good choice. It's a little sheer, but looks good. For a few pounds it could be worth a go?

andintothefire Fri 23-Sep-16 21:58:51

I was just about to recommend Charlotte Tilbury's 1975 Red but apparently it was limited edition and no longer stocked. Argh!

Can anyone recommend an alternative? I have similar colouring to the OP and love that lipstick so much!

yoink Fri 23-Sep-16 22:06:10

I have similar colouring but with brown hair and I do well with a Kate Moss for Rimmel one, but I can't tell you which one until I get off my fat arse and go upstairs...

ygritte2 Fri 23-Sep-16 22:22:46

I like boots 17 matte lipstick in roses are red and Clinique butter lipstick in Parisian red. Same colouring here.

SerenDippitee Fri 23-Sep-16 22:53:16

I have similar colouring and find Revlon cherries in the snow to be really flattering. It's quite a pink red.

ThanksForAllTheFish Fri 23-Sep-16 23:40:32

I like Mac chilli. Only red lipstick I've ever been happy with (it's more orange red than pink red)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now