Wedding outfit help, getting desperate now!

(8 Posts)
TrashPanda Thu 22-Sep-16 21:44:27

I've got a wedding to go to on Saturday, it's an afternoon wedding and the ceremony is outside. The reception is in a pub/pub garden afterwards.

I've pretty much decided to wear a midi length silver pleated skirt with a black short sleeved body underneath.

I need to find shoes and something to keep me warm. I have an 18 month old who I need to be able to chase and I hate being cold!

I think the skirt needs a heel because I'm only 5'2" and size 8, skinny heels are out because I don't want to sink into the grass all day.

I can get to Dorothy Perkins, H&M, New Look, Miss Selfridge, Warehouse, Primark, M&S, Debenhams, Next, River Island, Topshop easily tomorrow.

KARMAisaBtch Thu 22-Sep-16 23:38:57

Maybe you can take a picture of the dress you are wearing so we can help you find a pair? smile

OlennasWimple Fri 23-Sep-16 03:02:54

Hmmm, how floaty is the skirt? A structured jacket probably won't work that will if it's quite floaty, but a shrug is too cutesy with that outfit, I think, and a pashmina is too floaty (and difficult to deal with when toddler wrangling)

OlennasWimple Fri 23-Sep-16 03:05:55

I'd be tempted to try these M&S shoes - the heel looks good and I like the shape of the foot bit.

OlennasWimple Fri 23-Sep-16 03:07:51

And while you're there, you could see if this cardigan would be any good

<feels slightly faint at finding two decent M&S items>

TrashPanda Fri 23-Sep-16 08:02:31

Excuse the mess, this is the skirt and top. I've got odd shoes on too, but I think they might be a bit high to run after toddler. I do better with shoes my feet are strapped in to, they are so narrow they fall out otherwise. I love that cardigan but 100 quid is a bit out of budget.

OlennasWimple Fri 23-Sep-16 15:13:28

How is your shopping trip going?

TrashPanda Fri 23-Sep-16 20:31:10

Found nothing for me so those wedges will have to do. Got loads of stuff the kids didn't really need though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now