Night serum recommendations please- thinking about hylamide

(36 Posts)
Itsautumn Thu 22-Sep-16 20:54:16

I'm running out of my current serum-Advanced Night Repair by Estée Lauder. I like it but fancy a change. Am thinking about getting the hylamide subq serum. Has anyone used it? Is it any good? Any other recommendations? I'm 40 with normal to sensitive skin.
TIA

ginorwine Thu 22-Sep-16 22:38:14

It has great reviews .
I didn't seem to get any effect .

I like the oils from body shop - precious oils - ? In a brown bottle with pipette in it . I also rate neals yard franinsence oil .
I realise you did not ask about oils tho ! 😳

goldielookingchain Fri 23-Sep-16 02:06:03

Vitamin C serum (over 15%)

rosesandcashmere Fri 23-Sep-16 02:38:40

I've tried hylamide and whilst the eye serum is very good the face serum didn't have much effect. I used to use Clarins double serum which is fab but I picked up a boots botanics one on a whim in a 3 for 2 and I love it more! The protect and perfect number 7 intense is also fab as a night serum.

Itsautumn Fri 23-Sep-16 14:18:15

Thank you for the replies. I like the Body shop oils too Gino!
May give the Botanics one a try. I tried Clarins and it didn't agree with me unfortunately and gave me spots.
Goldie, what brand Vit c would you suggest? I haven't tried a Vit c serum before. Thanks!

Indecisivejo Fri 23-Sep-16 14:30:39

I really like the hylamide one actually

Nabootique Fri 23-Sep-16 14:35:48

I think it depends on what you actually want from a serum. What are you looking to address? Do you have any issues, or do you want general anti-ageing?

Itsautumn Fri 23-Sep-16 16:43:57

Nabootique, yes general anti-aging with a bit hydration thrown in if that's possible! I have heard good things about hylamide and that it has good ingredients. I don't know enough about ingredients though to judge!!

Indecisivejo Fri 23-Sep-16 19:05:06

Hylamide sounds ideal for what you're looking for then, it's not often I say I like something either lol

Nabootique Fri 23-Sep-16 19:25:08

It's a good choice in that case I'd say, particularly as you are a bit sensitive.

Itsautumn Fri 23-Sep-16 20:29:40

Thanks both! I'll give it a go! Has anyone tried the The Ordinary range also by Deciem? Found it on their website. It seems quite good value in comparison to a lot of other brands but not sure of the quality. And it appears you need a degree in chemistry to understand what the products do!

Nabootique Fri 23-Sep-16 22:35:23

For dehydration and anti aging get the hyaluronic acid 2% and the advanced retinoid smile the buffet one would probably be a nice to have, but not strictly necessary. I must say, have not used yet but the ingredients are excellent and I dent doubt the effectiveness of the products. They are really new. Hollinghurst (MN user) has tried and likes the retinoid product.

Itsautumn Sat 24-Sep-16 07:37:43

Fab! Thank you Nabootique. I'll give them a go.

ginorwine Sat 24-Sep-16 09:48:02

Nab
Please can you clarify what product you recommend ? Thanks v much.

Nabootique Sat 24-Sep-16 10:43:23

Hey gin. Do you mean out of Hylamide and the Ordinaries products? For anti aging I would recommend the Ordinaries ones over Hylamide due to the retinoid product, but Hylamide could still be a nice morning serum, if you didn't get the Ordinaries 2% hyaluronic. You wouldn't need both of those, but Hylamide has some peptides and other things that make it a more sophisticated formula that the Ordinaries hyaluronic, but hydration is a key point for both. If you've got the budget, and you want to mix and match, Hylamide and the Ordinaries retinoid could be great. The combination of Ordinaries products I recommended are if you want to stick to just that range.

Nabootique Sat 24-Sep-16 10:49:19

Oh, just saw it was you who said up thread that Hylamide didn't do anything for you. Do you suffer with dehydration? I think that's the thing it helps with most, or certainly in a you can see the effect quickly sort of way. If you don't I can see why it might have not done much for you.

ginorwine Sat 24-Sep-16 18:49:03

Hi nab
Thanks ! No I'm not de hydrated - well I don't think so ..it's more that my 50 year old skin lacks lustre and collegen ? It looks sort of flat dull n old - my glow has gone 😞

Nabootique Sat 24-Sep-16 19:44:07

Do you have a vitamin c serum? That helps with collagen production. For general firmness I find the Elemental Herbology Cell Food really good. It seems to have gone down in price since they released some more expensive ones as well. Sign up to look fantastic. They always have discount codes. For general glow, and something quite fast acting, I love the Hylamide (can't get away from the brand - I swear I don't work for them!) Glow Booster. It's like a hint of fake tan, but not as in it doesn't contain those ingredients. I used it morning and night for a few days and people kept asking if I'd been away! It's very subtle.

ginorwine Sat 24-Sep-16 20:14:55

Thank you ! No I don't have vit c serum but will see if can find one .
I feel overwhelmed as I don't kno what does what . I did buy some retin a stuff but didn't use as although I guess I need to resurface the skin I didn't kno how to use that alongside a moisture cream which I kno I really need! So - I think I've given up and I need to get my act together a bit ! How? I don't kno !

Nabootique Sat 24-Sep-16 21:20:31

Retin a first, and then you can put moisturiser on a few minutes after. Wait ten to fifteen minutes after cleansing before applying the retin a. Keep your vitamin c serum, if you get one, for the day time and retin a for evening. You can use them together, but it's more likely to cause a reaction or sensitivity. Build up your retin a usage gradually. Start with a couple of times a week.

ginorwine Sat 24-Sep-16 21:24:32

Thanks so much
I have lost my confidence in looks recently and need to make the most of things 😄

Nabootique Sat 24-Sep-16 21:35:22

No problem smile I'm normally lurking around here on skincare threads if you think of anything else you want to ask. Good luck!

WTAFF Sat 24-Sep-16 21:53:28

I like the Khiel's night serum. It works magic for me.

ginorwine Sat 24-Sep-16 22:02:37

Thanks nab
It's just that I'm not ready to have dull older skin which is not plump etc . I feel young and do stuff but my face is just not what it was ! I have no spots - have always had clear skin but it's just so flat and old looking . I've tried using highlight on cheek bones etc but that does a good job of highlighting wrinkles !
I will follow your advice - I will also try and do more walking etc as I think that may bring pinker cheeks - I'm pale and just dull looking !!! Shops tomorrow ! 😄

ginorwine Sat 24-Sep-16 22:03:54

What does the Kheils serum do ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now