Gone brunette - make up tips?

(5 Posts)
WizardOfToss Thu 22-Sep-16 18:52:32

I felt like a change and got my previously highlighted copper and blonde hair a semi permanent dark brown, with warm tones.

I haven't been brunette in about 7-8 years and I've (ahem) aged a little in the meantime! I'm quite pale with blue/green eyes.

What colours/make up do you think might suit? I've been minky/beige forever...

Thanks!

Fizzer123 Thu 22-Sep-16 22:06:36

I am a dark brunette with reddish tones with blue eyes. I like nude eye but with black liner, very sheer natural lips for work. For going out red, or dark plum lips, and dark nails. Sounds a bit goth now!

WhooooAmI24601 Thu 22-Sep-16 22:36:48

I've just gone brunette today after 35 years as a blonde, my skin looks super pale so I tried some Tan de Soleil and it helped. Darker blusher helped, too, and more eyeliner. I don't normally bother but will have to now or I'll look like a cadaver. Grey liner looked better than black on me.

WizardOfToss Thu 22-Sep-16 23:44:50

Ooh thanks. Definitely would like to try darker lips. May need to try a darker/pinkier blush, as I have been using a bronzy colour (and also have rosacea).

So, whooo, do you like it? Have you had any reactions yet? I've had people failing to recognise me, and the slightly awkward 'oh...what have you done to your -^hair^?'

I have grey eyeliner already, in favour of black..

Fizzer123 Fri 23-Sep-16 07:12:38

I may give grey liner a go too, thanks! I have both bronzer and pink blush (also have roseacea) I prefer when bronzer when it flares to try take away some of the redness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now