Massive Waxing F-Up!!

(9 Posts)
KookyKind Thu 22-Sep-16 01:20:39

I've got a wedding at the weekend and I've just been stupid enough to wax my upper lip (which didn't really even need doing in hindsight)

I used those veet facial strips, have used boots ones before, no problem.
However the veet ones ripped half my bloody skin off and I had tiny spots of bleeding coming out of my pores (?)

My lip now won't stop stinging and I'm worried I'll wake up tomorrow with a scabby top lip which is going to look A) hideous and B) bloody obvious

Any advice please? Have slathered some savlon on..

KookyKind Thu 22-Sep-16 01:21:25

I should add, not my wedding thank god!

kittyjewel Thu 22-Sep-16 02:07:15

You need chamomile lotion to soothe. But it's going to scab anyway. Sorry. It's happened to me too many times.

Ow ow ow ow ouch OP! Sounds painful.

TeaRexit Thu 22-Sep-16 03:02:59

Sudocream works wonders overnight for sore skin.

puppydogmummy Thu 22-Sep-16 03:18:59

Maybe savlon is too harsh? Something sudocremey better. See how it goes but you could nip to nearest boots and get makeover lady to give advice on concealer? Ouch!

kittyjewel Thu 22-Sep-16 12:33:37

I use boots own make facial hair removal for sensitive skin. Have done for years. Forget about waxing that area. Coz it's on ur face u can't hide the effects if it goes wrong. Annoying! Ffs. Hope it's not too bad?

Buttwing Thu 22-Sep-16 12:46:28

Would it be worth trying metanium? It's amazing on sore bums and usually gets rid of soreness/redness over night.

KookyKind Thu 22-Sep-16 16:38:16

Thank you everyone, have put thin layer of sudocrem on and sitting with a cool pack on my lip. Not so much red as bloody sore!! Luckily working from home today so can spend all day tending to it . Thanks for advice r.e products next time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now