Anyone up for a 'what hairstyle thread'?

(7 Posts)
PollysPoppy Wed 21-Sep-16 19:27:47

Last cut was a disaster which I've spent months growing out but am booked in for another cut tomorrow. Short hair, back from my face suits me best but my hair is fine and limp so never has any body to look tousled, it just sort of sits there. And I'm hopeless at styling it! My real problem area is my fringe. I just can't get it cut in a way that works. The short styles always seem to end up calling for it to be cut longish and swept over to one side but it just won't sit well for me. Don't fancy a long, chunky fringe and really short scares me as I'd have to wait forever for it to grow out.

Any ideas please? Does it come down to product? When I asked the hairdresser, she gave me a volumisng spray but it doesn't make any difference! Help!

spankhurst Wed 21-Sep-16 19:30:39

I'm no good at styles but I have fine, limp hair too, and reverse hairwashing really helps. Salt spray is also good, you might even get it tousled!

PikaPikaPikachu Wed 21-Sep-16 19:31:25

Like this is so cool! Get some style remouldable stuff so you can play with/ restyle throughout day. Works best on finer hair

PollysPoppy Wed 21-Sep-16 21:33:41

Will google reverse washing Spank - it's a new one for me! Yes, maybe something like salt spray would give it a bit of life.

Pika .... I'm too old for such a trendy style! Thank you though! It's too short and I don't have the bone structure for it.

Any other suggestions or images gratefully considered!!

sentia Wed 21-Sep-16 21:38:12

If you keep the front longer you can tuck it behind an ear?

keeponkeepinon Wed 21-Sep-16 22:46:48

Bumping and following. I also have fine hair that just lies flat so a good volumizing product would be fantastic.
I am currently trying to grow my bob a little longer below jaw length with a very slight tapering up at the back. Not above the hairline and properly graduated, just a little shape. I've also started asking for it to be cut blunt and I've decided to grow out my fringe, go back to a side parting.
I'll see how that goes.
Recommendations for volumising stuff would be great. I have powder for the roots but it makes it feel yucky, and seaspray doesn't make it tousled, just a bit messy ando crispy. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

PollysPoppy Wed 21-Sep-16 22:54:46

That sounds lovely keep. Mine is too short at the moment to tuck behind my ears and I'm now bleary eyed from spending the last couple of hours looking at one photo after another of hairstyles. And no further forward. Will have to wing it with her tomorrow and cross my fingers she does a better job than last time!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now