Size 8.5-9 ladies footwear

(31 Posts)
TwoLeftSocks Wed 21-Sep-16 16:11:03

Can anyone suggest any high street shops that sell larger ladies shoes and boots, and tend to have them in stock to try on rather than having to get them ordered in? I appear to be outgrowing my shoe size.

Eglantyne Wed 21-Sep-16 16:14:50

Only Brantanos, and our local branch has closed down. I order multiple pairs of size 9s into Next (free delivery to store), try them all on there and then send the ones that don't fit straight back.

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Wed 21-Sep-16 16:16:38

I have this problem too - the closest I've found is Next; you do have to order in to the store but at least they're there the next day... unlike Clarks....

TKMax also have a size 9 selection in both my local stores; though ime they're 99% ugly shoes (in comparison to the styles available in smaller sizes) with only the occasional gem.

Brantano and Shoe Zone also stock 9s, though they tend not to be leather.

PinkSquash Wed 21-Sep-16 16:20:54

Larger New Look stores and surprisingly, Primark have some size 9 leather shoes

BestIsWest Wed 21-Sep-16 16:21:48

Next

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Wed 21-Sep-16 16:23:38

Ah yes, I'd forgotten New Look. You can also order into store and return straight away with them if necessary.

I find it quite interesting that all the places we've mentioned are towards the lower end of the market - what do the well heeled (sorry!) ladies with flipper-feet wear I wonder; there must be some.

sjane03 Wed 21-Sep-16 16:24:01

Evans and deichmann (German shoe shop ) are also possible larger Clarke's can have a few options if your lucky.

TwoLeftSocks Wed 21-Sep-16 18:29:08

Brilliant, thank you!

SerenDippitee Wed 21-Sep-16 19:20:14

Topshop

CallarMorvern Wed 21-Sep-16 22:50:22

Asda have had some 9s in recently, I nearly fell over with shock, but made a quick recovery in order to buy some sandals😁
Next do too and Evans. Our TKMaxx never has 9s. I also find that the m&s wide fit 8s sometimes fit instead of a 9.
Didn't know about Shoe Zone, will have to have a look now.

frikadela01 Thu 22-Sep-16 00:23:22

TKMax also have a size 9 selection in both my local stores; though ime they're 99% ugly shoes (in comparison to the styles available in smaller sizes) with only the occasional gem.

This is so true. I've seen some gorgeous shoes in tkmaxx but are never in the larger sizes.

I'm an 8 but occasionally get a 9 because my feet are wide. Ive had size 9s in all the shops already mentioned. New look does tend to be the best ime and they do have boots in leather at the moment.
Asos also do 9s, free returns too.

BikeRunSki Thu 22-Sep-16 00:27:08

Some White Stuff styles are v wide, and the 8 is more like a 9.

SpeakerOfTheHouse Thu 22-Sep-16 07:37:05

LK Bennett, Hobbs & Russell and Bromley all go to size 9. La Redoute is good too & also try Zalando online for some new shoe manufacturers in size 9.

Ted & Muffy also do great size 9. Online & in Bath..

M&S wide fit 8s are also very generous. I'm an 8.5/9 and recently found some penny loafers here that fit perfectly..

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Thu 22-Sep-16 07:40:44

LK Bennet, Hobbs and R&B go up to a 9?? I never knew!!!! Online only presumably?

DoItTooJulia Thu 22-Sep-16 07:43:41

True 43s are hard to come by. I get really disheartened when they say 9/42 because they will not fit my feet.

Clarks do a true 43, as do DMs. The rest is pot luck-I never have any luck with new look/next/primark 9s. And ordering online from an unknown brand is risky too. So I usually buy in multiples.

Let us know what you find op!

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Thu 22-Sep-16 09:16:15

Aand the reason I didn't know LK Bennett, Hobbs and R&B do a 9 is because....<drum roll>.... They don't, they do 42s. I got very excited and just checked all 3 websites. Bastards.

As you say Julia, 42 is not a 9; never has been, never will be.

I have had occasional luck in New Look (though their 9s are often too small) and I've only ever bought sandals in Next so don't know what their proper shoes are like. Long tall Sally used to be good but they seem to have gone simultaneously very expensive and largely given up leather.

<wail So> I just want some good quality leather boots for the winter that aren't Docs for a change :-(

SpeakerOfTheHouse Thu 22-Sep-16 12:34:19

Worth going and trying them on tho MoreKopparbergthanKrug as the 9s in Lk Bennett/ Hobbs / R&b fit me & im an 8.5/9. Maybe they're a generous fit?

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Thu 22-Sep-16 12:47:46

Well yes, if it weren't for the hassle of probably having to order them in to store (and ? pay for them in advance) first to find they don't fit, when I'm 90% sure in advance they won't....

Ignore me, I'm just being a stroppy toddler. I just want to be able to go shoe shopping like normal people :-(

Longdistance Thu 22-Sep-16 12:52:45

I second Deichmann. They go up to a size 10 in their XL range.

They're online too.

GooodMythicalMorning Thu 22-Sep-16 14:50:51

If you have shoe zone they're good too.

SpeakerOfTheHouse Thu 22-Sep-16 15:03:03

I totally feel the same way MoreKopparbergthanKrug it's ridiculous that manufacturers have not acknowledged the demand for decent size 9 shoes. I walked into Jones bookmakers today to be told 'oh no, we don't keep stock of size 9s, you might be able to order them tho' arghhhhhhhhh!

I am not an anomaly - I am a growing majority!! Frustrates the hell out of me too.

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Thu 22-Sep-16 15:27:05

In fact, Jones is going backwards. My nearest used to do size 9 in stock in store (though I strongly suspect they were a 42 because they rarely fitted me). Last time I went in, I was told they no longer do size 9 in store AT ALL. Whether that was just my local store though, I don't know.

Looked at Deichmann. None of the size 9 boots are leather :-(

CallarMorvern Thu 22-Sep-16 15:38:53

The 42/43 thing really bugs me. 42 is an 8, why do some shops persist in trying to claim it's a 9?

TwoLeftSocks Thu 22-Sep-16 16:24:30

I'll definitely let you know what I find. I popped into shoe zone and they had the occasional pair of size 9s but not the ones I liked. I checked online and it was the same there too, so at least they were consistent. Will pop into town this weekend or Monday for a bit of boot shopping.

BikeRunSki Thu 22-Sep-16 16:34:46

It's that moment when the young, dainty footed sales assistant comes back from the stockroom full of awe and pity and says "I'm afraid we don't do them in that size...." that I hate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now