Illuminated mirrors, has anyone got the Ikea Lilljorm one?

(11 Posts)
SexLubeAndAFishSlice Wed 21-Sep-16 10:15:51

This one. Is it any good? Illuminated mirrors usually cost a fortune so I'm a little suspicious as to why it's so cheap, even for Ikea!

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Wed 21-Sep-16 13:33:49

Hopeful bump smile

I've not tried it but you need to check the colour of the light as a lot of illuminated mirrors are either too yellow or too white which makes putting make up on tricky

Moogletea Wed 21-Sep-16 22:44:54

The Boots No 7 illuminated mirror is fab and on offer at the minute at £20. Usual price £49

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Thu 22-Sep-16 07:51:10

Damnit. I only have £10 in Boots points hmm I was looking at Ikea because we're going there on sunday. Will have to try and get to a big Boots soon.

Much more pricey option but the simple human sensor mirrors are outstanding. It's like proper daylight, I've had a few including the boots one and there is a huge difference. Unfortunately!

botemp Thu 22-Sep-16 10:46:10

StatisticallyChallenged, I've been considering the simple human ones for a while now. Do you have the larger magnifying one? It somewehat terrifies me with the scrutiny but I'm also wondering how it functions for day to day use as I've never really utilised the magnifying side on mirrors for anything but detailed jobs.

I've got the magnifying freestanding one - the larger round one - and use it for all my make up. It took a few days to get used to but it's definitely improved my makeup application massively cos I can actually see what I'm doing properly. It's a bit scary but I love it.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Thu 22-Sep-16 11:31:12

Just looked at the Simple Human ones. The prices are ridiculous! I'd never spend that much on a tiny mirror. £159 for a 20cm mirror!?!

They are expensive but my bedroom is west facing so has naff all natural light in the mornings so doing my make up even in front of the window was challenging. I had cheaper ones and they didn't help as the light is so poor. Alternatively would have been totally rearranging the room so dressing table was beside a wall and then having an electrician fit wall lights.

The mirror was cheaper.

amazonianwoman Thu 22-Sep-16 15:10:05

I've had a cheap one from Aldi, DD has the Ikea one - it's average.

The large Simple Human one (£149) is outstanding and worth every penny- esp when you get to 50 and struggle to see up close!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now