What have been tie best summer buys? (About to cull my summer clothes)

(7 Posts)
PontypineNumber9 Tue 20-Sep-16 18:15:47

I have waaaaaay too many summer clothes. Most of them only get worn a few times a year (the occasional hot day and for 2 or so weeks of holiday). So in an effort to have fewer, better summer clothes, I'm about to cull what I have and make a list of what's worth spending on for next year. Can I ask what has worked for you this summer? The things I'm keeping are:
Heidi Klein bikinis
J crew swimwear and t shirts
Stories linen shorts
Cos fine knits
Silk wrap dress and printed silk tunic
Topshop white shirt beach cover up
I am planning to get rid of all the unflattering maxi dresses and tunics. On my list to get are good quality sandals and canvas beach bag.
Would be interested to hear what other people's best summer buys have been.

PontypineNumber9 Tue 20-Sep-16 18:16:43

Urgh I mean YOUR best summer buys

NeverNic Tue 20-Sep-16 22:50:13

This summer it was pleated skirts, some off the shoulder frill dresses in classic colours, and statement sandals. Also been wearing playsuits again this year - both day and night ones. Found investing in beach outfits worthwhile.

I'm ditching maxi dresses, shorts for holiday and short skirts.

BlueEyedWonder Wed 21-Sep-16 07:44:19

I stuck to basics in summer given we don't get to wear them much here.
Jigsaw cotton t-shirts
GAP denim shorts and skirt
Zara cotton sun dresses
Clark's flat leather sandals

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 21-Sep-16 11:50:56

We had a city holiday so no beachy clothes, but the things I wore most over summer were:

Midi dresses, with bare legs and trainers
Black slim fit dungarees
Plaited patterned midi skirts with plain tucked in t-shirts, again, bare legs and trainers

My worst buy was my Saltwater sandals, as it was rarely nice enough to wear them. Hopefully next year...

MumboNumber5 Wed 21-Sep-16 13:41:20

hush ruched skirt
uniqlo drapey T
a maxmara silk dress from the charity shop grin
havainas
clarks tan leather sandals
freya bikinis
gap girlfriend jeans

And for the beach/pool - loads of primark vests and shorts that should do another year

PontypineNumber9 Wed 21-Sep-16 19:57:23

Thanks - these are useful. I'll add a maxi skirt/dress to my wish list for next year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now