Are those expensive facial brushes worth it?

(15 Posts)
rhiaaaaaaaannon Tue 20-Sep-16 16:58:41

Does anyone have one that they would recommend? I'm thinking of getting one for dh for Christmas but can't decide if it's worth getting the £100+ ones or the no7 £25 one.

Chaby Tue 20-Sep-16 17:08:21

I got (an expensive one) and tbh hardly use it. But my sister also got one and loves it. Maybe start with a cheap one and how you get on, I can't see much difference with the more expensive ones.

Chaby Tue 20-Sep-16 17:09:00

Also bear in mind the cost of replacement brush heads

OCSockOrphanage Tue 20-Sep-16 19:09:11

Bought the one Lidl had for £15 a fortnight ago, and yesterday a friend asked what I was doing to my skin (a positive question). Worth a whirl? If they are still available, before splurging on a Clarisonic.

rhiaaaaaaaannon Tue 20-Sep-16 19:23:28

I don't think we have a lidl near us. I might just get him the no7 one as it gets really good reviews.
Is it good for oily skin?

Knightridergirl Tue 20-Sep-16 19:24:03

Yes! Yes! Yes!
I have the Clarisonic Plus, and the first week it took a bit of getting used to as the buzzing over my nose was ticklish but it's so worth the money if you use it regularly.
I can honestly say that I've been using less foundation in general since having the Clarisonic as it really has helped to contribute to my clearer skin.
Hope this helps!

rhiaaaaaaaannon Tue 20-Sep-16 19:30:26

Knightridergirl that is very helpful, thank you.
He's obsessed with trying to make his skin look better so I think he'll like it.

rhiaaaaaaaannon Tue 20-Sep-16 19:35:05

Do I need to get a special cleanser? Is there anything you'd recommend for oily skin?

hmmmum Tue 20-Sep-16 19:44:24

I have the No 7 one and I really love it. I was planning to get the clarisonic one but then I saw that the No 7 one got really good reviews. Anyway I love it. Only got it 4 days ago, have used it every day and my skin looks much better and is glowing. Your skin feels lovely and so clean after using it.

botemp Tue 20-Sep-16 19:57:25

I think they are good in getting people into the habit of daily proper cleansing but it's really not recommended for sensitive skin (even with the special brush) some people can only manage every other day and there are some horror stories all over youtube about how it caused them horrible cystic acne.

I think the safest bet is the Foreo Luna which is slightly different to the traditional brushes as it is a silicone brush that doesn't require you to constantly buy new brush heads. The technology is somewhat more advanced and focuses on anti-ageing and thorough cleansing without irritating.

You can also buy a 'to go' version which will last 30 days or so to try it out at a more affordable price. Lookfantastic sell the whole range and they almost always have a 15% off code though you might be able to get a better deal elsewhere, just don't buy from ebay as there are some fakes.

OCSockOrphanage Tue 20-Sep-16 20:37:12

The Lidl one has a silicone brush head and no facility to change it, so like the Foreo Luna. For £15, I have been impressed. Would recommend.

OCSockOrphanage Tue 20-Sep-16 20:38:29

The Lidl one has a silicone brush head and no facility to change it, so like the Foreo Luna. For £15, I have been impressed. Would recommend.

OCSockOrphanage Tue 20-Sep-16 20:39:19

I've been using it with the same cleansing stuff I've used for years.

Kennington Tue 20-Sep-16 20:46:29

NO! They cause lots of thread veins and broken capillaries! Over time. It just creeps up and one day you look terrible. Don't do it!

Knightridergirl Tue 20-Sep-16 21:10:31

OP since using the Clarisonic I now use Philosophy Purity face wash; if you're going to use such an expensive electric facial cleansing brush, you're going to want to use the best face wash to go with it.
If it's for your DH then I'd recommend Clarins men's or Clinique men's face wash to go with it. Clarin's do lovely mini facial gift sets for men around Christmas time so maybe that can be a stocking filler to go with the Clarisonic? (That's if you DO buy it, that is!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now