A fancier breed of head scarf/ hair bandana?

(14 Posts)
HereKittyKit Tue 20-Sep-16 10:17:51

I recently had a hair disaster (bleach burns) which promted me to have a very drastic haircut, which in my everyday life I don't mind (my hair is basically 70% shaved with #3 clippers.

Hair grows and I'm really not fussed. I either rock it when feeling confident or wear a beanie hat when I don't.

But I have a few special nights out planned and I don't want to appear with my shaved head out and wearing a beanie isnt acceptable.

If i wear a bandana like this i can make my hair look nice but I'd like a hair wrap that is a little more 'eveing do' than rockabilly.

Any suggestions?

ginghamstarfish Tue 20-Sep-16 10:20:21

I made some lovely wide crochet hairbands, in graduating colours, (will try to find for a pic), but not sure how 'evening' they are. Would depend on the yarn/colour I suppose.

HereKittyKit Tue 20-Sep-16 10:21:50

They sound lovely but unfortunately I can't crochet at all!

ElspethFlashman Tue 20-Sep-16 10:29:45

For specific things like this, ASOS is your friend.

Just scroll through all the stupid Halloween hair bands that have just arrived.

puglife15 Tue 20-Sep-16 10:30:24

How about a turban? They're very now.

HereKittyKit Tue 20-Sep-16 10:39:56

No. A turban isn't me at all.

Will look at asos

PeacesofAte Tue 20-Sep-16 10:43:20

A beret is what I wore on bad short hair days, much more chic than a beany.

HereKittyKit Tue 20-Sep-16 10:56:39

Slouch beanie is much more my style.

But need sonethibg for when I'm out for meals etc.

BeachysSandyFlipFlops Tue 20-Sep-16 10:58:47

Can you buy a vintage silk scarf and wear it bandana style?

cheeseandmarmite15 Tue 20-Sep-16 12:59:10

I've just ordered a wig! Show stopper by Raquel Welch as it looked the most like how I used to have my hair before I cut it to a long bob. I'm giving up hair dye and wanted a wig for when the roots get too awful!

Do you have have any hair at the front as there is a poster in here who wears three quarter wigs and she looks fabulous. They kind of fit like a band over the head and her natural hair in a side swept fringe. The wig looked like her own hair in the picture.

mangomay Tue 20-Sep-16 13:00:33

Try etsy too, there's a few nice ones on there.

HereKittyKit Tue 20-Sep-16 13:10:38

Cheese yes. I have a fringe and a few inches of long hair, its basically like this but brunette and the side bits are longer...

I might look into that...do you know what kind of wig it is called?

MadamDrag0n Tue 20-Sep-16 13:25:06

I bought a few narrow (four or five inches) scarves and I use them to hide my silly hair, there are a million tutorials on you tube on how to tie/ wrap them but I normally just wrap them around and tie underneath, I do have much longer hair though so it kind of hides the knot

puglife15 Tue 20-Sep-16 19:34:23

I'd love to be able to pull off an African head scarf, think they look amazing.

How about just a smarter version of a beanie if that's your style?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now