Wide wide calf , average width foot. You helped me before. Can you help again

(11 Posts)
JudgeEpantz Mon 19-Sep-16 16:42:53

I am looking for flat heel boots that will take my wide calves. I had a great pair from Asda George thanks to mn recommendation that lasted me about five years. I need them for work. Leather please. Good in the rain, please. Comfy, please. A bit stylish, please. No buckles or dangly bits, please. I'm size 6 and my feet are average width. Unlike my calves which are very wide. Did I mention that?grin

Rinceoir Mon 19-Sep-16 18:21:40

Following. Except I have tiny size 4 narrow feet and skinny ankles. With very wide footballers calves.

ginghamstarfish Mon 19-Sep-16 19:32:57

I think there's a website called Duo which does boots in different calf widths

NeonPinkNails Tue 20-Sep-16 06:23:36

I'm very similar and have had Clarks boots in the past that fit but they don't have any I like so far this year.

Chocolateteabag Tue 20-Sep-16 07:07:33

Duo are now Ted & Muffy hmm and seem to have gone up in price and down in qualitysad they do give 15% off your first order and you can find some on eBay

What about riding boots? The Spanish Riding Boot company?
Maybe a bit too welly boot for your needs but you can get different calf widths in boots like Dubarry (and their cheaper alternatives)

Chocolateteabag Tue 20-Sep-16 07:10:07

Spanish Riding Boots

JudgeEpantz Tue 20-Sep-16 11:31:29

Thank you all.

PNGirl Tue 20-Sep-16 12:03:40

Ted and Muffy have a Heritage range this year that's similar in price to what DUO prices were, especially with a 15% off code. Maybe try those?

If not then anything mid-calf might work if they stop before the wide bit of your calf goes wide, if that makes sense!

pottymummy Tue 20-Sep-16 12:09:13

is there anything on Simply Be (haven't looked)?
I bought some the other day (not leather hence why I'm not recommending anything specific) I have a wide calf (16.5 inches) and don't fit into high street boots but by their measurements I'm a 'standard' calf (I thought I'd be curvy but I'm not - they also do extra curvy and so on)
I have a normal width foot but I went for their 'E' fitting which is a bit big to be honest but they are very comfortable and I'm happy that I'll be able to wear thick socks for watching kids football matches!

pottymummy Tue 20-Sep-16 12:09:57

oh also try jilsen - they have a good rep and its free returns.

Rinceoir Tue 20-Sep-16 12:43:03

I'll take a look at SimplyBe. My calves aren't very wide, around 15inches. I fit the calf of a size 6/7 boot no problem (I've tried!) but it seems most manufactures make narrower calves for smaller shoe sizes (I'm a size 4, but have very narrow feet).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now