Sleeves too long on leather jacket

(9 Posts)
Rassy Mon 19-Sep-16 16:08:39

Hi - I have ordered a beautiful biker leather jacket from Next but the sleeves are too long. Is it worth paying to get them altered or should I reluctantly send it back? There are zips on the sleeves so I guess an alteration will be expensive!

Fuzzypeggy Mon 19-Sep-16 18:04:26

How much too long are they? I always prefer too long rather than too short. There is always the possibility with leather though, that the inside of the elbows creases making the sleeves slightly shorter although this won't help you if they are inches too long

imjessie Mon 19-Sep-16 18:08:35

I'm short , I just fold them inside

Rassy Mon 19-Sep-16 19:03:45

The sleeves reach my finger knuckles.

Never thought of folding the sleeve inside! Had been trying it folded outside but didn't look right. Looks better folded inside

SilentlyScreamingAgain Mon 19-Sep-16 19:14:17

Dismiss any advice to put them up.

Rassy Mon 19-Sep-16 19:33:45

So being too long isn't an issue?

mumsnit Mon 19-Sep-16 20:10:00

I always have to fold inside with coats - they make sleeves for tall people!! Generally looks fine smile

SilentlyScreamingAgain Mon 19-Sep-16 20:21:52

Overly long leather jacket sleeves seem to be a bit of a thing at the moment. Fold them under by all means but don't go along with the latest stylist trend of pushing them up, like you're a Miami Vice cast member. I don't feel that anyone should 'shawl' their coat either but that's probably for another thread.

Rassy Mon 19-Sep-16 20:29:28

Thanks everyone for the advice! Think I will keep the jacket now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now