Can anyone recommend a decent watch for 12 year old boy....

(10 Posts)
Dickorydockwhatthe Mon 19-Sep-16 14:07:27

It needs to be analogue with numbers as ds is dyslexic so needs something that's easy to read. At the moment he has a cheap asda one but I want to get him a nice one for birthday any ideas???

misscph1973 Mon 19-Sep-16 14:10:16

I would look on Amazon. So far I have got my DS an excellent digital watch and my DF a very nice analogue watch that he loves. Probably a bit over budget for a 12 year old, but just for inspiration: www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01FYZVGDK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

JinkxMonsoon Mon 19-Sep-16 14:11:04

Timex weekenders have lovely simple faces, and you can switch up the straps. Only about £25 though, were you looking to spend more?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Mon 19-Sep-16 14:11:29

Solar powered Casio g shock - bomb proof, and because the battery doesn't need replacing stays properly waterproof.

Dickorydockwhatthe Mon 19-Sep-16 14:22:18

Not to worried about price although not too pricey as ds has lost a few before. I just want something a bit more grown up and stylish for him as he has just started secondary.

Dickorydockwhatthe Mon 19-Sep-16 14:23:42

Has to have number as ds is dyslexic

JinkxMonsoon Mon 19-Sep-16 14:25:59

This is a Timex Weekender. You can get coloured straps, white faces, coloured faces, all sorts of varieties.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 19-Sep-16 14:28:45

Ds has a G shock,really sturdy. It was about £80 on line ( eBay I think) as they're much more in the shops. He loves it.

yikesanotherbooboo Mon 19-Sep-16 14:37:29

DS2 has a Rotary analogue with simple face They had several choices that were acceptable to him and me! ItsAll I would add that Gshock/babyG etc are very sturdy and both my older children had them but DS2 prefers simpler styling

A1Sharon Mon 19-Sep-16 14:44:06

DS is 12 and has a Swatch, which has worked very well. However, he has said that he would like a 'better' metal watch at some stage. as his birthday and Christmas are not too far away, i'v added it to his list of possible gifts.
To give you all a laugh, he came home from school the other day and he had cut out some pictures of watches that he liked in a magazine-a Citizen and a Rolex!
grin
Will make note of the suggestions here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now