Help!! Can't wear jeans anymore, need alternative

(10 Posts)
MarvinGorilla Mon 19-Sep-16 10:31:04

Help! I've got fibromyalgia and I cannot tolerate my usual skinny jeans anymore, they're wrapped so tightly around my legs, it makes the pain worse. I've tried boot cut etc but they still tend to be skintight on the knees and thighs.

I've been living in chinos during summer but need something winter appropriate. My usual outfit is something like a Joules Breton top, or a plain cashmere jumper in grey or black, brogues or Converse. I'm always casual.

Any ideas?

mycatstares Mon 19-Sep-16 10:34:06

How about some thick knitted type leggings for winter? There so comfortable and look great with some boots and a jumpergrin.

sentia Mon 19-Sep-16 10:37:13

I have a sort of similar problem because I'm pregnant and all of my skin feels a bit sensitive at the moment. The best option I've found is chino type trousers in a straight cut with a bit of stretch and slightly brushed cotton texture. Can't recommend brands as all of mine are maternity obviously.

joangray38 Mon 19-Sep-16 10:38:27

I have neuropathic pain so can't wear jeans or any tight fitting harsh clothes . What about velour/ velvet leggings they are quite soft , velour tracksuit pants - m&s had some forest green ones that were. Nicely styled with a polo neck jumper.

AnyTheWiser Mon 19-Sep-16 10:45:24

I've never owned any jeans.
I wear chinos in summer (usually gap khakis). In winter I wear thicker chinos (gap often have heavy weight), cords, or moleskin/velvet type trousers - gap or white stuff. My favourite cords were also gap (sorry- they suit my body shape!) but they're a bit tight cut atm, so I've had some from M&S which were very comfy.
I also wear knitted dresses with thick woolly tights, from M&S, gap, H&M.

CoolToned Mon 19-Sep-16 10:56:37

Boyfriend jeans smile I have one from Joe's jeans and I seriously do not want to wear anything else.

CandyMcJingles Mon 19-Sep-16 11:19:29

Denim joggers? So look like jeans but actually soft jersey material.

Straight leg jeans instead of skinnies.

Leggings and jumper dresses.

ihatethecold Mon 19-Sep-16 11:57:43

I live in Next Harem trousers, so comfortable. i have a black pair and a couple of patterned ones.
When i put jeans on now it feels so restricted.

ihatethecold Mon 19-Sep-16 12:02:14

They are marketed as Jersey tapered trousers

Fuzzypeggy Mon 19-Sep-16 12:26:14

Thicker chinos or a different type of jean that is looser, like boyfriend jeans?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now