Did you wear foundation this summer? Have you found one that won't slide off and is gorgeous?

(19 Posts)
lborgia Sun 18-Sep-16 20:41:05

We're on our way into summer here and I have a new job where I dress up a bit and wear make up.

As a menopausal, sweaty person (nice), I'm not sure where to start. I might have to be someone who only works 6 months of the year grin

Also, any other no-budge make up if you have a recommendation.

wobblywonderwoman Sun 18-Sep-16 20:42:57

I used a Vichy compact (orange disc shape)
It was made for sun.
It was great all summer for sweaty days grin will try to link

minatiae Sun 18-Sep-16 20:52:18

Kat von d Lock It foundation. you can buy it on Amazon.

It's too much by itself but if you mix 1/2 foundation with 1/2 moisturiser it works really nicely and stays all day.

Absy Sun 18-Sep-16 20:56:15

The YSL ink one. I realised how much it stuck when I had it leak all over my toiletries bag and it was a bigger to get off. But - it's very light (you don't feel it), it looks very natural and it lasts. But it's expensive

link

EbyBum Sun 18-Sep-16 21:15:28

Chantecaille Just Skin is good

WhooooAmI24601 Sun 18-Sep-16 21:25:13

I use Charlotte Tilbury's Wonder Glow, and Chanel's Tan de Soleil, sometimes alone, sometimes together. I find foundation doesn't sit right when I have a tan but those just make my skin perfect without needing anything heavy.

Mummydummy Sun 18-Sep-16 21:27:53

In a Chantecaille just skin fan too.

Oh2beatsea Sun 18-Sep-16 22:02:06

Estee lauder double wear has been good for me.
Someone on another site also recommended this cream from Amazon to stop your face sweating.

goingtotown Mon 19-Sep-16 00:19:08

I find using a primer keeps my foundation in place.

PuertoVallarta Mon 19-Sep-16 01:35:32

Another vote for Double Wear. It never dries my skin out, but it stays and stays even when I sweat. Great color selection, too.

lborgia Mon 19-Sep-16 01:50:05

Thanks so much, that's great start. Anything that's not the huge names costs a fortune here, so will have a look at ysl and el for slightly less horrendously expensive.

Btw there will be no hint of tan to work with unfortunately!

gonegrey56 Mon 19-Sep-16 05:41:54

Another recommendation for YSL Fusion Ink. Really rate it, ask for a sample (they give out dinky little pots). Or Estée Lauder Double Wear Light, this works well and I prefer the coverage to the heavier original which goes cakey on me .

PuertoVallarta Mon 19-Sep-16 05:52:01

Not sure where you are, but Estée Lauder have a sampling program where you can try Double Wear for ten days free. No obligation.

MoonlightMedicine Mon 19-Sep-16 06:13:38

W7 16 hour photo shoot foundation with primer underneath. Doesn't budge and looks amazing. And so cheap!!

NantucketNightbird Mon 19-Sep-16 07:04:23

I didn't wear any foundation this summer just used Avon colour correcting pearls (love these). Now it's gone colder in Pembrokeshire I've bought rimmel insta flawless which is more a tinted moisturiser.

Lottapianos Mon 19-Sep-16 08:19:04

MAC Face and Body gives light to medium coverage and lasted through even the sweatiest days
Rimmel Match Perfection also v good

JamieVardysParty Mon 19-Sep-16 15:37:17

I used to live in the tropics and now live in an area where we only get 6 weeks of winter. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser is absolutely brilliant as is Armani Luminous Silk. I do have dry skin though so may not be suitable if your skin is a different type.

I found Double Wear way too heavy and hot for a hot climate. It was like wearing a mask.

Mumble29 Mon 19-Sep-16 15:42:25

Revlon colourstay, have worn it all this summer and on a previous holiday to Florida didn't budge

macnab Mon 19-Sep-16 15:57:11

MAC Pro Longwear - they do a 'waterproof' version in a tube as opposed to bottle and its totally waterproof and sweatproof. It doesn't have SPF in it though if that's a concern for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now