Looking for a sheepskin 'shoe' for indoor wear - not slippers.

(8 Posts)
ilovecherries Sun 18-Sep-16 17:48:15

I suffer terribly from cold feet in the winter, although I'm generally a 'hot' person, so I don't like the room temperature to be too high. But sometimes my feet actually hurt in winter, they get so cold. I have plantar fasciitis, so slippers are a non-starter. Can anyone recommend something easy to put on, but with some support, that would actually keep my feet warm? I tried uggs, but they aggravated my PF like hell and my daughter inherited them. My fantasy is a fur lined Sketcher, but they don't seem to do them anymore, and the Amazon sellers that still have them don't have any left in a 7. I'm prepared to pay a bit of money for the right thing, as I work from home so will wear them a lot.

gonegrey56 Sun 18-Sep-16 17:52:38

I have a pair of Fitflop sheepskin boots that I keep for indoor wear only. They are very comfortable and give proper support whilst also being so warm ( I too have painful feet and live in a cold and draughty house). Worth every penny ! The boots are ankle high so look OK as indoor wear, not that I care - comfort and warmth is my priority.

AuntieStella Sun 18-Sep-16 17:55:36

I wear my old, holey FitFlop Mukluks as a kind of slipper (which can go indoors and outdoors).

Friend had a fleecy-lined pair of crocs.

Not sure if you'd find either of those sufficiently supportive, but they're definitely warm and easy on/off. Two out of three ain't bad?

Talisin Sun 18-Sep-16 17:55:45

You could try some sheepskin insoles in Sketchers or other comfortable shoes.

Pestilence13610 Sun 18-Sep-16 17:55:58

fitflops here too.
They are really supportive, you could easily wear them all day.

acurtis1234 Sun 18-Sep-16 18:00:14

Superga do a sheepskin lined version of their classic pump:

www.superga.co.uk/item/329/Superga/Superga-2750-Cobinu-Navy.html

I used to have a pair and they are warm.

user1471539124 Sun 18-Sep-16 18:07:30

M&S do a sheepskin slipper with arch support

ilovecherries Sun 18-Sep-16 18:08:54

Oh, lots of ideas, thanks. I'm determined that I will not do spend this winter as miserable as I was last year. I even tried the North Face down filled slippers, and exile they were warm, they really aggravated my PF.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now