OK Bra peeps - can you expalin why?

(13 Posts)
Katymac Sun 18-Sep-16 15:34:51

this bra fitted beautifully
& this one was poor & this one was god-damn awful despite them all fitting?

PeskyRat Sun 18-Sep-16 15:39:10

I'm no bra expert but could it because the first bra is a 'full cup' whereas the other two are 'balconette', so give a totally different fit/shape?

Ineedmorelemonpledge Sun 18-Sep-16 15:39:11

First one looks like it has more side/under arm support. And it looks narrower but deeper.

Second and third ones look a little wider so spreading the boobs across the body. Strap positioning on the back of number 2 looks closer to the arms too.

InteriorLulu Sun 18-Sep-16 15:41:00

Not sure, but I noticed the first one is full cup and the others balconette. I always have trouble getting balconette to fit so maybe something to do with the style?

Katymac Sun 18-Sep-16 15:41:29

Yes it is to do with my arms on the second one - I just wondered as if I need that shape - what that shape is so I can buy it in the sale grin- cheeky? Moi? probably wink

Ineedmorelemonpledge Sun 18-Sep-16 15:47:23

Do you mean the first one with the side sling op?

Katymac Sun 18-Sep-16 15:50:15

Is it a side sling I need to search for?

Katymac Sun 18-Sep-16 15:51:07

Yes I need the shape of the first one sorry I just dunno what that is

Ineedmorelemonpledge Sun 18-Sep-16 18:36:21

I don't know sorry, but I think the side sling is a winner...

FenellaMaxwell Sun 18-Sep-16 18:41:06

Have a look at the Gorgeous range at debenhams- they have loads in this shape. Although I don't know what you'd call it - sorry!

Katymac Sun 18-Sep-16 19:02:11

Thanks (damn I was in debenhams today too)

marriednotdead Sun 18-Sep-16 23:11:12

The side sling positions the straps more centrally without spreading your breasts under your arms. It also stops the apex (where the strap meets the cup) from chafing which is a common issue if your breasts are fuller at the sides.
That particular bra has quite a short cup so although it's a good start, don't expect every side sling you come across to be as comfy! Try Fantasie bras- you'll need to drop a cup or two though as they're more generously cut.

Katymac Mon 19-Sep-16 16:22:10

In other words I'll have to keep trying them on - damn!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now