OK Bra peeps - can you expalin why?

(13 Posts)
Katymac Sun 18-Sep-16 15:34:51

this bra fitted beautifully
& this one was poor & this one was god-damn awful despite them all fitting?

PeskyRat Sun 18-Sep-16 15:39:10

I'm no bra expert but could it because the first bra is a 'full cup' whereas the other two are 'balconette', so give a totally different fit/shape?

Ineedmorelemonpledge Sun 18-Sep-16 15:39:11

First one looks like it has more side/under arm support. And it looks narrower but deeper.

Second and third ones look a little wider so spreading the boobs across the body. Strap positioning on the back of number 2 looks closer to the arms too.

InteriorLulu Sun 18-Sep-16 15:41:00

Not sure, but I noticed the first one is full cup and the others balconette. I always have trouble getting balconette to fit so maybe something to do with the style?

Katymac Sun 18-Sep-16 15:41:29

Yes it is to do with my arms on the second one - I just wondered as if I need that shape - what that shape is so I can buy it in the sale grin- cheeky? Moi? probably wink

Ineedmorelemonpledge Sun 18-Sep-16 15:47:23

Do you mean the first one with the side sling op?

Katymac Sun 18-Sep-16 15:50:15

Is it a side sling I need to search for?

Katymac Sun 18-Sep-16 15:51:07

Yes I need the shape of the first one sorry I just dunno what that is

Ineedmorelemonpledge Sun 18-Sep-16 18:36:21

I don't know sorry, but I think the side sling is a winner...

FenellaMaxwell Sun 18-Sep-16 18:41:06

Have a look at the Gorgeous range at debenhams- they have loads in this shape. Although I don't know what you'd call it - sorry!

Katymac Sun 18-Sep-16 19:02:11

Thanks (damn I was in debenhams today too)

The side sling positions the straps more centrally without spreading your breasts under your arms. It also stops the apex (where the strap meets the cup) from chafing which is a common issue if your breasts are fuller at the sides.
That particular bra has quite a short cup so although it's a good start, don't expect every side sling you come across to be as comfy! Try Fantasie bras- you'll need to drop a cup or two though as they're more generously cut.

Katymac Mon 19-Sep-16 16:22:10

In other words I'll have to keep trying them on - damn!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now