Classy flat shoes to wear with 'classy' clothes? Do they exist?

(49 Posts)
BelladiNotte Sun 18-Sep-16 13:32:33

Help, please!
I've developed a neurological condition, can't walk well, v. Poor sense of balance, think it's permanent, so all my gorgeous heels have to go. Gutted!shock I SO love my shoes.
So I'm looking for lovely flat shoes with a bit of pizzazz about them. Think I could manage a small wedge for a bit of lift, but nothing more.
Anyone any idea where I can look, first, online?
Really hope someone out there can help.smile

Rastel38 Sun 18-Sep-16 13:44:36

How about these....hope the link works!
m.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-shoes-boots/flats/ar767/womens-wow-jewelled-flats

FrustratedFrugal Sun 18-Sep-16 13:48:13

Have you checked out the blog En Brogue?

Pinkcadillac Sun 18-Sep-16 13:56:53

Have a look here:
www.prettyballerinas.co.uk/women/loafers.html

CrepeDeChineWag Sun 18-Sep-16 13:58:45

Watching with interest as I have just bought lovely wool pencil skirt for cooler weather but alas can no longer wear heels (not even kitten) or pointy shoes. Total dilemma.

botemp Sun 18-Sep-16 14:09:18

Would help to know exactly what you'd consider classy, but how about these metallic loafers, these ankle boots , these sneakers, these patent loafers, more metallic loafers, these summery ballet flats, or these leopard print numbers.

botemp Sun 18-Sep-16 14:14:50

Forgot about these, if you have the budget, Charlotte Olympia's Kitty Flats, they're brilliant, versatile, and look great on the feet.

BelladiNotte Sun 18-Sep-16 15:25:17

crepedechine commiserations sad sure we'll find something here to make us smile and (metaphorically ?) skip...

Thanks so much everyone for the links. I'll look at them tonight when I've got time, and report back.
Meanwhile, anyone else got any other ideas, please?

Anecdote (true). I rent, and moved here to an adapted bungalow a short while ago. Surrounded by houses with 'normal' young families & kids, all lovely, really friendly and nice. Immediate neighbours, lovely too but elderly.(ie anyone older than mewink)
So, one day, sharing a glass of wine with the Oldies I remarked that, really, in an ideal world, I needed a 'walker'. Was thinking, tallish, youngish, dark hair and dark eyes, willing arm to hold?
They suggested those zimmers on wheels made by Days? grin

CrepeDeChineWag Sun 18-Sep-16 15:32:33

Zimmer grin

I can find loads of flat non pointy shoes I like: ballet flats, loafers, trainers but none seem to look right with classic pencil skirts. I think this is more to do with the fact that I have quite large feet and am quite a solid 14/16. Petite woman look lovely in pencil skirts and ballet flats. I look like a galloping galumph.

Maybe I should ditch the skirt wearing.

BelladiNotte Sun 18-Sep-16 16:04:47

Nah, crepedechine you CANT ditch your look - not now, not when I've found you to lean on wink
We stand or fall together, right? grin

And so the search continues....

ImYourWomanJonSnow Sun 18-Sep-16 16:42:39

botemp just came on here to say you have great taste. I may have just fallen in love with a couple of your recommendations

sausagefest Sun 18-Sep-16 17:09:36

I also have a neuro condition that means heels are out although occasionally at weddings or big nights I sometimes stick two fingers up and rely on my 'walker' (dh). Love your story btw. I almost always regret it as said Walker does insist on having his own life then I'm stranded.

Back to your q. I find the best flats are Boden, asos and office and it helps that I'm a massive trainers wearer. Stan smiths etc.

CrepeDeChineWag Sun 18-Sep-16 17:15:13

Looking properly those square toed loafers on the pretty ballerina site look like they could work. I do love a square toe.

CrepeDeChineWag Sun 18-Sep-16 17:17:15

En Brogue is brilliant isn't it?

You're right Notte I shall not let these stumpers defeat me!

Do you have Cole haan in the UK? Extremely comfortable shoes with good padding . I have a lovely pair of lace up brogues from them which would look good with a pencil skirt

AwkwardSquad Sun 18-Sep-16 17:57:45

What's your budget? Hobbs does some lovely brogues but they're pricey. Russell and Bromley also good but also (even more) pricey. Maybe worth staking some out ready for the sales?

AwkwardSquad Sun 18-Sep-16 17:58:52

I want these

AwkwardSquad Sun 18-Sep-16 18:05:34

Um. Having jus had a look at R & B, I rescind that recommendation.

Oldraver Sun 18-Sep-16 18:08:35

Oh I so want the Kitty shoes..so not happening

herecomesthsun Sun 18-Sep-16 19:29:36

I don't know how classy these are, but they look ok to me in black/ pewter leopard here

squoosh Sun 18-Sep-16 19:37:16

botemp I love loads of those shoes you've linked to.

BelladiNotte Sun 18-Sep-16 20:21:05

Right! I've requested the Boden catalogue, some likely looking shoes in there, was surprised that the site you linked to, herecomes was Hotter! I'd always associated them with the Mary Jane -type v. sensible shoes my clients wear, not a look I'm aiming for, really, but you've linked to some nice ones.
Actually, the flat shoes I really adored were Spanish bought from a shop now long-gone. The owner used to go on a buying trip and used to phone me when a new consignment arrived. I'd load up my car with shoe boxes and handbags. Wonderful days. The soft loafers I bought from him, a pair of navy blue/silver and another gold/silver were fab. Definitely got that 'special something' look I'm wanting for dressy-uppy occasions.
And so the search continues..no price limit as such, really, and thanks so much everyone for helping me in the searchsmile

BelladiNotte Sun 18-Sep-16 20:27:36

rastel thanks for your link, too. Guess what? Another Boden shoe!!!Looking good! smile

TooMinty Sun 18-Sep-16 20:32:34

https://www.lovetaylorblake.com/

Try this website for ballet pumps - if you follow them on Facebook they post discount codes from time to time smile

BelladiNotte Sun 18-Sep-16 20:46:22

And ASOS! Just got to measure my feet tomorrow and I've earmarked a couple of pairs to send for. Swear that my feet have changed shape since this enforced idleness, they seem fatter,somehow. Bit like my waistgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now