Wetsuit for the tall and big of nork?

(7 Posts)
SirVixofVixHall Sun 18-Sep-16 13:07:46

I have the never-ending problem with swimwear of being both tall and a big cup size. Seems with swimsuits and everything else one can be either but not both. I have put weight on and my Aquasphere sleeveless swimmers wetsuit that was ok-ish is now too small (it did crush my breasts but the sleeveless aspect meant it wasn't as crushing as a long sleeved jobbie). I tried on the long-sleeved newer version and it was so compressing and uncomfortable that I just couldn't bear it, nor do i think it can be good for breast tissue to be so squashed. I tried the Medium, (I'm a size 12) and then went up to the large, the large was easier to get on, but just as crushing. I've just tried another brand, blueseventy in a size large and it is too big on the bottom half but too short in the body and unbearable on the boobs. Apparently they make a curvy shaped one but the shop doesn't stock it. I also think given the one I've just tried that the curvy one would still be too short in the body. I live near the sea and would like to swim more, but I find it too chilly without a wetsuit. I posted about this in sport too, but thought S+B might get more traffic. I'm also not at all sporty, just need protection to noodle about in the waves. Am also mulling over a surf retreat thing which I need a wetsuit for.

Jugglingballs65 Sun 18-Sep-16 13:13:08

Probably not totally helpful but when my daughter was looking for a wetsuit, she too is big of nork! The shop advised her to try a british made one rather than the european ones as the uk ones were more suitd to the british female shape!
Sorry, cant remember the make but you could google.

SirVixofVixHall Sun 18-Sep-16 14:02:11

Oh ok, will look at british brands then. Although not sure how to tell? I've been googling "curvy wetsuit" but haven't had much luck.

Jugglingballs65 Sun 18-Sep-16 15:30:49

C-skins, asked my daughter

SirVixofVixHall Sun 18-Sep-16 15:43:16

Thank you v much will go and google them now.

Gullane Sun 18-Sep-16 19:51:30

If you can afford a higher-end open water wetsuit, they tend to be made from really stretchy neoprene to aid chest expansion - might help with better accommodating the boobs! Now is a good time for bargains as the season is coming to an end - have a look at Sigma Sport/ Wiggle/ Chain Reaction or even My Triathlon for ex-rental suits. I love my Zone3 but am the opposite end of the spectrum to you, being a flatchested shortarse. Perhaps try Orca or Huub, they're popular amongst my (mostly v tall!) swimming friends too.

Enjoy swimming in the sea, tis lush!

SirVixofVixHall Sun 18-Sep-16 22:36:10

Oh thanks. I will check out all those suggestions. As I'm not a surfer, I don't know anything about wetsuits, other than that it's ruddy chilly without one. I really want to get in the water more, so I'm determined to find something to fit. I still can't find a swimsuit that fits though, so maybe I'm over optimistic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now