Whiteheads

(8 Posts)
neveradullmoment99 Sun 18-Sep-16 09:42:32

I wondered whether anyone has used anything that actually is effective at getting rid of them? I am currently using crushed asprin tablets and while they look less raised now, the buggers are still there on my cheek. Wondered if there was a quick method of getting rid of them? [ without going to a salon]. Products are what i am really looking for. Thanks!!!

andintothefire Sun 18-Sep-16 14:03:11

I love La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+ for overall skin health. For the odd stubborn blemish I have recently started using Skyn Iceland blemish dots with salicylic acid - they do seem to reduce blemishes overnight and make them disappear within about 3 days. May be worth a go!

cheeseandmarmite15 Sun 18-Sep-16 17:24:18

Panoxyl.

sonlypuppyfat Sun 18-Sep-16 17:29:15

Can you not stick a pin in them and squeeze them

botemp Sun 18-Sep-16 17:36:12

You're probably better off trying an AHA rather than a BHA. The nip & fab extreme glycolic pads are well liked on this board and I believe that may have both AHA and BHA, so best of both worlds. They're always on offer somewhere, Boots or Superdrug.

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0 Sun 18-Sep-16 17:37:48

I used to get them chronically! All over my chin, jaw and cheeks. The only thing that helped was glycolic acid wash and salicylic acid gel. Also steaming my face over a bowl of boiling hot water to open my pores and then extracting.

I use these two products:

www.sknclinics.co.uk/shop/cleanse-and-exfoliate/skn-facial-exfoliating-cleanser-all-skin-types

www.sknclinics.co.uk/shop/anti-blemish/skn-blemish-control-lotion-30ml

And this extractor:

www.thebodyshop.com/en-gb/body/accessories/blackhead-remover/p/p000947

Hope that helps! smile

LizzieVereker Sun 18-Sep-16 17:45:28

Nip and Fab Glycolic Daily pads have done absolute wonders for me, and I also use La Roche Posay Effaclar sebum control moisturiser.

neveradullmoment99 Sun 18-Sep-16 17:54:18

Thank you. Will investigate all of your suggestions smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now