Gradual tanner for the face - any recommendations?

(10 Posts)
Petal02 Sat 17-Sep-16 11:15:12

Now that my summer tan is nearly gone, I need a little help! Clarins have discontinued an amazing product that I used to use, and the 'new' version of their face tanner is something you add to your normal moisturisers, and I think it could get quite messy.

I tried the boots no 7 face tanner, but it made no difference! I'm just looking for something I can apply at night, and wake up the next day with a little colour.

LexieSinclair Sat 17-Sep-16 11:18:44

I use this
m.lookfantastic.com/clinique-face-tinted-lotion-50ml/11144802.html?utm_source=googleprod&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=gp_bodycare&affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=GBP&shippingcountry=GB&gclid=CKbJ1IOWls8CFQ4z0wodv_UO3A&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CNmV3oOWls8CFbCM7QodfxsDMg
I put it on every night and it gives a very natural tanned sort of glow, I really like it.

Petal02 Sat 17-Sep-16 11:28:03

Thanks Lexie - so you can build it up gradually?

LexieSinclair Sat 17-Sep-16 12:39:10

I wouldn't really say it's gradual, it works from day 1 but it never seems to get too dark. I'm naturally pale and I think it always looks natural on me, but without it I feel pasty.

fuzzywuzzy Sat 17-Sep-16 12:42:07

My friend uses st tropez, cannot personally vouch for it, but she always looks sun kissed.

user1066 Sat 17-Sep-16 13:13:37

I rather like M&S Self Tan Glow Booster Serum You just add a few drops to your usual face cream.

user1066 Sat 17-Sep-16 13:21:43

Whoops - pressed post too soon. Then computer shutdown gremlins - grr!

I don't find them at all messy - I scoop the night cream into my palm, squeeze in two drops, rub my palms together and then smooth it all over my throat and face. Forgot to wash my hands once, though blush

fluffiphlox Sat 17-Sep-16 13:26:51

I had a sort of freebie in the M&S beauty box last year. James Read overnight mask I think it is. I thought it was quite good. Not sure how much it costs.

Wellhellothere1 Sat 17-Sep-16 13:33:52

I love the clarins drops and don't find them any messier than normal facial fake tan. I just add three drops to a blob of my facial moisturiser, mix in the palm of my hand then smooth over my face. Easy!

lurkingfromhome Sat 17-Sep-16 13:38:32

I don't find the Clarins drops messy but they don't seem to work at all on me. I wonder if it's because I use glycolic-based skincare and so the outer skin cells are always being dissolved away ... although you'd think it would go a bit deeper down than that. I've been looking for another product to try so will see if any of the others mentioned here work better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now