Do you like these boots?

(17 Posts)
MandyFl0ss Sat 17-Sep-16 06:23:20

www.scorpioshoes.com/womens-c3/boots-c11/bronx-bronx-13947-f-womens-heeled-leather-biker-boot-black-p40909

They look almost perfect for me because of the platform, the block heel and the fact that they're not 'knee high' (as I'm only 5.2"), but I'm always reluctant to order when they don't offer free returns. Returning those boots won't be cheap!

What does everyone think? Do you like them?

SuperFlyHigh Sat 17-Sep-16 06:27:11

They're your standard boot of that sort. Can you see them in real life?

For the price and that height they're good value.

LeaveMyWingsBehindMe Sat 17-Sep-16 06:33:21

yes I really like them and they seem a good price.

KittyKrap Sat 17-Sep-16 06:37:30

Love them! Scorpio shoes are local to me, their service is great.

MandyFl0ss Sat 17-Sep-16 06:38:35

They're your standard boot of that sort.

Yes exactly. They are a staple for me in winter. But it is actually hard for me to find the precise combination of block heel (no less than 6 cm high), platform (not too chunky so I can still look smart at work), and not too high on the leg as I'm short and they need to end at least below my knee.

I need to replace the ones I have been wearing for the last three winters. They are from Duo and they were a compromise as they never looked good enough or were comfortable enough.

Exploretheunexplored23 Sat 17-Sep-16 06:54:12

I like them, tempted to get a pair myself! Not too blingy or with annoying bits on and look good quality with a good sole on them. Get them!

MandyFl0ss Sat 17-Sep-16 07:06:48

Explore, you get them first and tell me if they're comfy grin

jaffajiffy Sat 17-Sep-16 07:24:12

They are lovely. I'm 5 2" and I would not get them though as the shorter length makes me look shorter. Why don't you want knee length?

TheNaze73 Sat 17-Sep-16 07:27:05

They look nice. Practical, yet stylish

burnishedsilver Sat 17-Sep-16 07:46:19

I don't like they way the have a zip up both sides. I'm assuming the brass coloured one is for decoration and the black one is a working zip.

MandyFl0ss Sat 17-Sep-16 07:46:48

jaffa I do want knee length but when a boot is described as 'knee length', it's usually too long for me.

But I do know what you mean, if they end at the wrong height of my calf they make me look squat.

That's why this is so incredibly hard.

absolutelynotfabulous Sat 17-Sep-16 07:50:14

I like them. I get what you mean about the "right" boot. I have a similar pair but I find them heavy on my feet.

nilbyname Sat 17-Sep-16 07:53:41

Dislike, too clumpy and dumpy.

I would go for a a ankle boot like these

penguinplease Sat 17-Sep-16 07:58:11

If you have to send them back use collect plus, much cheaper than Royal Mail and often have a new customer 10% off

MandyFl0ss Sat 17-Sep-16 07:58:28

nilby that boot is beautiful but I just can't pull off that length. I can't put my finger on it but it simply doesn't look right on me.

nilbyname Sat 17-Sep-16 10:18:00

Interesting... I find calf length the most tricky! And I'm 5,3.

I would go to the high street and try lots on and take pictures.

SuperFlyHigh Sat 17-Sep-16 10:37:01

I do like them OP, just I have no idea of what bronx boots are like, are they good value etc? There was nothing wrong about them quite nice but quite clumpy.

Oh drat OP your previous boots were Duo, mow Ted and Muffy and overpriced tat! I feel your pain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now