Winter shorts

(39 Posts)
KanyesVest Fri 16-Sep-16 22:51:00

Am I looking too early? I'm thinking navy, grey or black, maybe tweed or with a small fleck. Mid thigh to wear with opaques and brogues.

NantucketNightbird Sat 17-Sep-16 07:27:26

Ooh following, I was just thinking how I would love some smart shorts to wear with thick tights smile

KanyesVest Sat 17-Sep-16 23:08:59

Seems we're the only ones who are interested blush

ItGoesWithoutSaying Sun 18-Sep-16 07:41:05

No you're not alone I love this look for winter. More practical than skirts, just as stylish - if not more so.

There was this thread asking about them recently. See the link in the thread.

Problem might be finding mid-thigh shorts. Shops are full of shorts but they tend to be a bit shorter. You may need to brave it out - fine with opaques IMO.

SallyVating Sun 18-Sep-16 07:47:49

I have a few in grey, grey check and red tartan. Looking forward a bit to it being cold enough to dig them out again

KanyesVest Sun 18-Sep-16 10:55:46

Thanks for that link, that's the style I was thinking. I should have said, I'm a short are, so most shirts are mid thigh on me. I spotted one pair on la redoute and one on boden, so I'll keep trawling. Next will be a search for tights...

Chipsahoy Sun 18-Sep-16 18:04:32

I have some in a beige. Can't decide if black tights or brown will work best. They come down to my mid thigh, I'm not sure in brave enough to wear them with tights tho. Will I look ridiculous? In 33 and a size 8

I miss this look. Am a little bit too 'curvy' for it now. Used to love it, but I have a bit of a belly and not so slim thighs now, so not for me anymore. sad

KanyesVest Sun 18-Sep-16 18:15:15

Remus, I too may be too curvy for it, but I've ordered a pair so I'll wait and see eternal optimist. I need to think about shoes now and find a magical pair of brochures that will go with everything I'm my wardrobe.

Chips, I'd go with black for the contrast. But then, I don't wear brown at all so may not be helpful!

KanyesVest Sun 18-Sep-16 18:15:56

Brogues, not brochures <sigh>

neveradullmoment99 Sun 18-Sep-16 18:47:57

I absolutely love this look but I am in my late forties and maybe its a little too much of a young look? I have good legs and am fairly slim. I wouldn't have them really short. Would love a woolly pair.

neveradullmoment99 Sun 18-Sep-16 18:48:37

ha ha ha...brochures. That made me giggle.

neveradullmoment99 Sun 18-Sep-16 18:49:20

Has anyone got a link to a woolly or tweedy pair?

NantucketNightbird Sun 18-Sep-16 18:59:53

I've seen a nice pair on superdry, no visible logo. I'm 5ft 2, 31 and size 8-10. Seriously considering getting them

operationunkown Sun 18-Sep-16 19:01:25

I love this look and wear it often in the Autumn / winter. The only thing I do is heels as opposed to flats I sometimes wear it with a fitted bellow bust waistcoat, or jumper it's very smart imho. Not got any links at the mo as I've not seen any about anywhere and some of my pairs have been going for a few seasons

KanyesVest Sun 18-Sep-16 19:13:36

twill shorts These are the ones I've just ordered. I think they may look better with heels, rather than flats but will wait and see.

Nantucket, I'm 5ft2 too but a 10-12. My legs look ok in opaques though, so fingers crossed!

ItGoesWithoutSaying Mon 19-Sep-16 06:15:06

Thinking of ordering these.

NantucketNightbird Mon 19-Sep-16 07:00:37

I lived in leggings and tunic/smock shapeless tops last year but I've lost over 4st 7lb since January so I've had a complete wardrobe change.
I love those tartan shorts! But unsure if I would be daring enough to wear them, the price is amazing! I can't do links but those superdry ones are calling my name.

KanyesVest Fri 23-Sep-16 19:00:13

Nantucket did you order the super dry shorts? Mine arrived today. Definitely not winter shorts, will be returning

NantucketNightbird Fri 23-Sep-16 19:21:11

No I haven't ordered them yet, I opted for a superdry dress and a skirt. I went into the store and wanted to try them on but they didn't have them. Which shorts did you get?

KanyesVest Fri 23-Sep-16 20:04:53

these. They are a bit shiny and not as heavy as I'd like.

KanyesVest Fri 23-Sep-16 20:05:35

Which dress and skirt did you get? <nosey>

NantucketNightbird Fri 23-Sep-16 20:34:06

The link won't work for me sad I got the Peggy grandad dress is navy (already have it in the burgundy). The skirt is only £10 in the sale! It's slightly long on me (5ft 2). But not too much and it's so flattering. I can't do links but it's the essentials twist midi skirt, it has an elastic acted waist. I would say the brand is regular to slightly bigger fit. It's not a brand I've ever considered before (not a fan of the hoodies and rain jackets). But their knitwear and dresses are lovely and have the tiniest logo that doesn't scream superdry.

NantucketNightbird Fri 23-Sep-16 20:34:47

*elasticated

NantucketNightbird Fri 23-Sep-16 20:37:33

Forgot to say it's free delivery on any priced order and returns <I DONT WORK FOR THEM> grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now