Does anyone know of a water based face primer?

(15 Posts)
poppym12 Fri 16-Sep-16 20:38:57

Preferably one that smoothes out wrinkles and makes me look 20 years younger grin

Thought not.

I use water based foundation like stuff so obviously an oil or silicone based primer doesn't work too well. Has anyone used a decent water based one please?

Klchi Fri 16-Sep-16 20:41:38

No7 at boots have a wide range. If there's a larger store nearer you!

Kennington Sat 17-Sep-16 07:41:13

Clinique pore refining something has water and glycerin before silicone and that works for me.
Effaclar matt moisturiser is also basically a water based primer too.

CuntWagon Sun 18-Sep-16 14:54:01

I think smashbox recently brought out a water based one.

CuntWagon Sun 18-Sep-16 14:54:48

www.smashbox.co.uk/product/6038/34189/Face/Primer/PHOTO-FINISH-PRIMER-WATER/New/index.tmpl

AwkwardSquad Sun 18-Sep-16 17:53:41

Clinique Superprimer is water-based, according to the sales assistant in my local department store. I got this www.clinique.co.uk/product/11265/26922/Makeup/Primers/Superprimer-Face-Primers

PuertoVallarta Mon 19-Sep-16 10:17:33

Laura Mercier Radiance Primer. I can't live without it.

cheeseandmarmite15 Mon 19-Sep-16 10:42:44

I'm not using a primer for every day now, I've switched to clinique stay matte hydrator applied five minutes before make up.

m.boots.com/h5/cat_hub?unCountry=uk&path=%2Fen%2FClinique-Pore-Refining-Solutions-Stay-Matte-Hydrator-50ml_1270330%2F

Snoozy1 Mon 19-Sep-16 11:19:56

I've recently discovered HA Blur by Hylamide, it's supposed to work with any liquid foundation. It's brilliant, I bought another one for back up straight away.

ChickenVindlaoo Mon 19-Sep-16 14:08:48

I've just bought Barbara Daly primer and that original Smashbox one everyone goes on about! Aargh! Never thought of whether it was silicone or water based!! I use Dermablend foundation - will they work with that? I used to have bad spots but have them under control now.

(longs for the days when I could get away with mascara and lipgloss)

ChickenVindlaoo Mon 19-Sep-16 14:16:12

It's ok - dermablend has silicones in it (surprising) but then I read Paula's Choice say that's ok, won't cause spots.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Mon 19-Sep-16 14:23:10

For spot prone skin; Smash box blemish control primer. I'm hoping to buy it on payday as it's pricey (£28 for 30 ml shock)
Has great reviews. I find the silicone based primers often block my pores and cause spots.

ChickenVindlaoo Mon 19-Sep-16 14:44:27

Thanks! I bought the travel version of the traditional smashbox primer so if it's no good it's no huge loss.

poppym12 Tue 20-Sep-16 15:26:13

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm going to order the laura mercier one that puerto mentioned as I know that brand is cruelty free. May check out the ha blur one too as I'm sure I have a discount code somewhere for a website it's available on.

poppym12 Tue 20-Sep-16 15:26:59

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm going to order the laura mercier one that puerto mentioned as I know that brand is cruelty free. May check out the ha blur one too as I'm sure I have a discount code somewhere for a website it's available on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now