Balayage has gone ginger!

(7 Posts)
RavioliOnToast Fri 16-Sep-16 17:11:28

I had red under my hair before having a balayage at the salon. I am aware that red is a little bitch to cover but now all my hair where it was blonde is now really bright ginger. I was away last week and can only assume the sun chlorine and sea water has dramatically faded the toner and now I look like a carrot top! Well I bought some of that violet shampoo stuff today in the hopes of neutralising it a little. Will it help a little does anyone know? Or will i just have to wait for my next appointment?

secretsalma Fri 16-Sep-16 17:18:09

The shampoo won't work if it's really ginger, but a toner would. You can get one in boots for about a fiver. Leave it on the max amount of time.

Kewcumber Fri 16-Sep-16 17:18:26

No idea but I can tell you that the best violet shampoo is the L'oreal professional one which you can get online and leave it on for at least 20 mins.

RavioliOnToast Fri 16-Sep-16 17:25:54

For context this is what I'm dealing with...

Do you have a link to the toners at all Salma?

RavioliOnToast Fri 16-Sep-16 21:03:54

Bump

ProjectGainsborough Fri 16-Sep-16 22:55:26

I've used the brunette version of this with success - really cancelled out the red tones. Gets good reviews for blonde hair, but not cheap, obviously!

hownottofuckup Fri 16-Sep-16 22:57:56

On the plus side a gingery balayage tends to look nice, it doesn't have the same effect as when your new blonde do goes orange.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now