Waterproof coat help

(7 Posts)
Bodicea Fri 16-Sep-16 10:50:16

I need a waterproof coat suitable for the nursery run. Doesn't have to be too long. If it's terential I will drive but need a hood and it to be reasonable stylish and fitted. I do have a big boobs so anything to busy at the front i.e pockets is a no no.

I like joules quilted jackets but they just get soaked through at even a spot of rain.
Couple of mates that are in the same village have the Boden Mac so I don't want to go there. Was about to buy the plain navy shorter joules waterproof coat with the Breton stripe inside and found out another friend got it!!!
I don't know where else to look. I currently chuck a flowery cagoule thing over whatever coat I have on if it starts raining!!!
Would be nice to break away from being a joules/Boden mum but cont find many stylish waterproof coats!!!

MaisieDotes Fri 16-Sep-16 10:53:50

I have the Patagonia Duete

It's pricey though. I got mine half price on Amazon, the seller was Surfdome I think.

I justified it by the fact that it will last years.

Bodicea Sat 17-Sep-16 07:18:25

Thanks. That is expensive!! Hmm

Blueisthemagicnumber Sat 17-Sep-16 10:07:04

Torrential rain here yesterday, and I wore my Joules coat, as described above, and my top half was totally dry my feet another story. Mine is yellow, and I've had loads of compliments on it.

sergeantmajor Sat 17-Sep-16 10:35:22

Great selection from Saltwater
Here: www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/waterproof-outdoor-technical-jackets
I have one and I love it, properly waterproof, covers bum (cos even with a car, your bum sticks out when strapping in kids) and nice styles. More expensive than I would normally buy but after years of being wet I decided that I deserve to be dry!

BigginsforPope Sat 17-Sep-16 10:41:28

I saw these yesterday when I was in the shop. They did look nicer than the picture. Label says waterproof but I haven't got one(I'm waiting until payday) but I think I will try one.

bingohandjob Sat 17-Sep-16 12:27:05

Seasalt Hellweathers.I walk 3 or 4 miles every day, year round whatever weather. Hellweathers properly waterproof. Had mine for three years, looks good as new. I wear a Uniqlo light weight down parka under it if it's cold. For very cold weather, Didriksons. Warm and waterproof.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now