what is m&s like for coats?

(6 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Fri 16-Sep-16 08:56:47

Warm and dry? Stylish? Anything good in there at the mo before I take a trip for a nosey?

Youremywifenow Fri 16-Sep-16 12:51:13

I walked through there the other day and was amazed that they seemed to have loads of New In stuff I would actually wear and I never buy clothes there. Well cut, plain colours, nice quality fabric etc.
Did have nice coats, this was the Manchester branch - def. worth a look.

keeponkeepinon Fri 16-Sep-16 13:32:29

I've seen a couple of peacoats that I quite like but am wondering about the fabric. One is basically polyester and the other is 59% viscose 41% wool. How do you think they'll wear?
Has anyone tried any on? Are they nice and neat fitting or bulky? I'd love wearing a warm peacoat with a cosy scarf.

Budgiebonbon Fri 16-Sep-16 13:37:42

I had a black peacoat from M&S last year, it pilled terribly & I ended up sewing 3 buttons back on. It went shabby quite quickly- enough so I only got 1 winters wear out of it.

I have seen a checked blanket coat I like the look off but last years experience has put me off a bit.

takesnoprisoners Fri 16-Sep-16 13:48:47

I bought one in 2009 and it pilled and the buttons fell off after 2 wears. I then bought another one last year and it is fantastic. The quality had improved so much and really looks good.

keeponkeepinon Fri 16-Sep-16 13:59:56

Oh meh. Was the wool content higher in the better quality one or anything like that? I don't want to invest in something that'll pill really. I have a cotton type one in blue but fancied a cosier wool navy one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now