Blonde to brown, new make up?

(8 Posts)
badfurday Fri 16-Sep-16 08:38:56

So I finally took the plunge and went from my horrid brassy blonde hair back to my natural colour of chocolate brown. The hairdresser has done a great job and I am really pleased with it.

I had it done yesterday but have noticed my normal make up is making me look really pale against my new dark hair. I am very fair and use porcelain colours and wear full make up every day. I have put on some bronzer this morning to warm me up a bit and it looks a lot better.

Should I look at changing the colour of my foundation? Or keep putting more bronzer on?

Any help gratefully received. smile

justilou Fri 16-Sep-16 10:20:09

Blush is your friend. Maybe try a brighter lip as well.

PaperdollCartoon Fri 16-Sep-16 10:23:31

I'm also very fair skinned (a few freckles) and regularly change my hair between fair, dark brown and reds, because I have no attention span, and yes make up does need changing up with the colours. When my hairs darker I wear slightly brighter shades of blush, definitely makes a difference to my whole face, and use a bit more bronzer. I don't usually wear coloured eyeshadow but if I do I wear brighter colours when my hair is dark as well.

badfurday Fri 16-Sep-16 10:39:35

Thanks all.

I have the day off so off to the Debenhams make up counter to pick up some bits. I always wore nude lipstick with blonde hair so may well get a nice bright colour. I also went for really pale pink blusher so will experiment with more peachy shades.

Nabootique Fri 16-Sep-16 10:45:24

In addition to advice above, I'd also check your brows. When my hair is freshly dyed and darker/brighter, I have to have bolder brows otherwise they get sort of lost on my face!

badfurday Fri 16-Sep-16 10:53:28

Yeah my brows are quite a good match, almost bang on.

Oogle Fri 16-Sep-16 10:58:51

I've just had my hair coloured too and usually wear MAC Mehr as my every day lipstick, yet it seemed too dark this morning. Fanfare is more pinky and it looks a lot better!

I'd go for more bronzer and blusher with a gold highlight, rather than a pink toned one.

WhooooAmI24601 Fri 16-Sep-16 11:04:45

I've just done something similar but with blonde sort of wisps at the very ends (like balayage, but not in the teenager-instagram sense, more the very-expensive for essentially 4 wisps of hair). Chanel's Tan de Soleil has become my best friend because otherwise I look washed out to the point of dead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now